Beetroot juice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,I've had high pressure for years but recently it went over 200.Been on atenolo for years then recently Doc added ramipril but side effects awful,then added amlodopine but stopped again due to side effects.Now drinking beetroot juice 250ml daily.BP nor 155/115.I know it's not perfect but is way better than it was.Started eating kale as well (bit tasteless).Its now about 3 wks drinking beetroot.I'm going to stay with it I think.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What were the side effects of the amlodopine? Interesting about the BJ how did you arrive at drinking beetroot juice? 
    • Posted

Hi,headaches ,nausea and feeling crappy.I am reluctant to take any more meds.I was put on mirtazapine for anxiety 3 years ago and its proving so very difficult to get off as withdrawal is so bad.Hence the beetroot juice.I did a google search for foods to reduce BP,I kale also helps supposedly so I'm eating that 3 times a week.Its ironic really as my grandfather used to feed kale to his cattle- that's all it was good for he said !!!

• Posted

I have BP Prob ,I also go for Beetroot juice ( organic Asda ) I've been on Ramapril gave me a tickly cough ( I stopped ) on Losartan ,but that bothers my tinnitus . Stay with beetroot juice ,it's a natural for reducing BP . We're all different in how meds affects us ,some are fine on one for ages ,then out of the blue probs side affects to it kick off . Menopause hormones for females raises up BP ,as meno brings on anxiety / stress . Part of a females life . Males produce hormones so if your a male maybe that can be a problem raised .im amazed at how many are placed on BP tabs ,has your thyroid been checked out ? 

• Posted

Hi,unsure if thyroid has been checked but I do get bloods done every 6 months.I am on mirtazapine (for anx) at moment but have been reducing slowly from 15mg to 2.55.Doc reckons this could partly be resp for BP increase.Hope to be off mirt in another 6 months.How long have u been drinking beetroot.What diff has it made?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.