Before and after

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys

i had my bunion and hammer toe op on both feet 6 weeks ago.

i thought you might like to see some before and after pictures.

i still have some swelling and the scars are still healing , but I am very happy with the result. 

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wow, you have healed well.  Looking great. I'm 3 weeks and tomorrow I see my foot for the first time when dressing is removed.  Keeping my fingers crossed.
    • Posted

It was such a relief to have the dressing taken off and the dissolvable stitches tidied.  K wire out next week, then I think he said some wide fitting normal shoes.   I've out some photos on my own before and after discussion.  Did your toe feel strange, I can't move it and the joint is very stiff?
    • Posted

Oh I know, it's like losing a couple of pounds weigh from your feet when the bandages come off.

Yes the toe does feel strange at first. When you have your wire out you will need to start messaging the toe and pushing it up and down to loosen the joint. I didn't have a wire , I had a screw put in my second toe. So started the excercises after the bandages came off but I think you should wait until the wire comes off.

Good luck and speedy recovery .👍🏻

• Posted

Sorry forgot to say foot looks great .

The scars will fade . After the 4th week start messaging the scar with bio oil , it helps a lot.

• Posted

Oh I have some of that, hardly used, so will do thanks.  All I have to is find some comfy shoes.
    • Posted

I got some comfy and cheap trainers from J D Williams on line. They do EE and EEE fittings . You might like to have a look on their site.

I think they were £20 and got £5 off as new customer.😀

• Posted

Is that UK?  Not heard of them before.  I've been looking at sandpiper online.  I went to Skechers today but all their shoes, though good soles etc, are too narrow.  Thinking of getting sandals?
    • Posted

Yes it is UK. I also bought a pair Sketchers with memory foam insoles. Although very comfortable , they are a bit narrow for my feet as my feet are still swollen . They will be good in a month or so . Are you in the U.S.?

Do you have Vionic range there . I bought their sandals which are orthotic And very comfortable.

• Posted

I'm in UK , what is vionic range.   I'll look up JD Williams now
    • Posted

Vionic is a brand of orthotic shoes and sandals. You can see a range of it if you go to QVC UK on line.

J D Williams is on line as well or you can order their catalogue.

• Posted

I'm looking at JD Williams right now, much cheaper than sandpiper but look quality?  Looking at Cushion Walk Touch and Close Bar.  But. It sure which width to get.  
    • Posted

I am s size 5 and I got the EEE but now I find it too loose. If your feet are not wide hitting anyway I think EE should be good. Depends how swollen your feet is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.