Beginner

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. Ive been drinking for along time and it reached 35cL of raki or more per night. I've ordered the medication. However I've some concerns. I like drinking and the trigger is mostly family life. However alcohol is endangering it also. I want to become a social drinker. Do you think that sports can help people to upgrade their endorphin levels while taking this medication selincro.

Also would this medication help stoppin cigarette?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You just need to organise your day. Do any sports and other healthy endorphin releasing activities BEFORE taking the medication. Then wait 2 hours after taking it before drinking. It will then block your opioid receptors for around 10 hours.

It won't help you stop smoking. There are other drugs for that.

• Posted

When the Selincro isn’t in your system when you haven’t drunk, then it is an important part of this method that you do look to upregulate your endorphin levels.  This helps the brain come to understand (over a period of some months) that alcohol is no longer going to provide a reward, but other activities are.  It therefore moves away from wanting alcohol to other things that are rewarding.  This is called Pharmacological Enhanced Learning.

So, yes, sport, romance, spicy meals, exercise in general, walking, laughing….  All of these things are endorphin producing so you want to be utilising that the best you can.

If you google C3 foundation Europe Learning To Enjoy Recovery, you can see exactly how I achieved this in my own use of this method.

And sorry, Selincro doesn’t have any direct effect on smoking.  It may indirectly have the result of lessening your smoking if you tend to smoke when you are drinking, because once your drinking lessens, your smoking may well do so too.  But that isn’t a direct result of the Selincro.

• Posted

HI mRT. Perhaps have some night when you do not drink. Is that possible?? Robin
  • Posted

What would be great would be if you could replace your drinking times with sports...I know early on in sobriety years ago...I needed a replacement for the times I was drinking...something to do...somewhere to go where drinking was not available.

I myself don't see a correlation between exercise and Selincro...but its really good that you are getting the pills and if you follow the directions...hopefully you will be succesful at reducing your intake.

As far as smoking...one thing at a time...I quit drinking and then quit smoking 7 years later...but then I picked up both again. sad

I see much success here with the Sinclair method...and I wish you the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.