Behcets Disease?? Please Help!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im a 21 year old female from the U.S that as recurrent genital bumps for around 7 years. Every few months they will crop up. I only get the occasional canker sore, but nothing i have noticed. Im a virgin, and ive been searching for a reason i might be getting these recurring sores. When i looked it up, I came across Behcets which is really freaking me out. Ive also had come and go pain growing up. Growing pains, numbness, and major health anxiety that sparks symptoms. Could I have Behcet's? Please give me advice, Im so worried right now. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi, well yes it could be but when you say bumps not sure what you mean? Are they like canker sores also...I mean look like that?? White in the middle like mouth ulcers

I am a sufferer and I can understand your fears but I am on treatment and living a normal life. It's not easy...not easy to diagnose and not easy to treat but there are treatments out there. How have you tried to go about diagnosis?? You need those sores to be examined, swabbed and analysed. I know it may be embarrassing and difficult for you but that is how you need to proceed. 

• Posted

Hi! Thanks for your response. Mine usually start off as bad itchiness and sometimes burning which then can turn into a bump of various sizes. I've never had one with a big white center, sometimes I get small white center which look kinda like pimples but are sore. Is it common to get itchiness and irritation and then various sizes with these ulcers? I couldn't find any detailed info on line also I'm very prone to cysts 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.