Beige colored poop caused by elevated bilirubin levels?

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the past few months, I've noticed that my poop is a light beige color. It's on the light side of beige. In the mornings, it's a darker beige, light brown color. In the late afternoons and evenings is when it starts to turn into the very light beige color.

During my annual checkup (which I received last month) my bilirubin level was 1.1 From what I understand, up to 1 is normal

It's increased from .7 last year to 1.1 this year.

All of my other liver function tests are normal (alkaline phosphataste, ALT, AST, etc.). Bilirubin is also negative in my urine.

My primary doctor didn't seem to concerned with the bilirubin and was more concerned about my high cholesterol and borderline pre-diabetes.

My GI mentioned that individuals with IBS (which I do have) tend to have lighter color poop and wasn't too concerned.

Is my body in trouble?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I do not think diabetes most of the time causes change in poop colour. I think medication and eating habits does this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.