Being Changed to a new bio

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone

Ive just had a letter of my hospital today

(Morecambe Bay Trust) letting me know their changing my bio drug from Humira to a newish one called Amgevita.

In the letter they have openly admitted its purely a cost issue, which i understand as the NHS is under great strain but its a worry that the new one will be ok for me ad have been on Humira for ages, approx 15 or 16 yrs

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this particular drug.

Thanks all

Gaz

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have also received a letter stating that I am to be given the new bio drug 😦 I have been on Humira for 5 years for Psoriasis. Humira gave me back my life, but I am also very aware of how much it costs per year approx £10,000 .

It is one of the most expensive drugs, I have done a lot of research today and there are a couple of differences in the new drug. Hopefully with no effect to me. My son is a nurse and he thought the release of the new biologic was amazing.... 😃

My biggest drawback with Humira is my stomach area which has become enlarged even though I do not drink, exercise regular and eat healthy. So if I need to change from Humira I do not see it as a bad thing... NHS are awesome and have looked after me extremely well over the past 5 years. I am sure they will still continue with our wellbeing should the new biologic not agree with us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.