Being on Esmya, Side Effects and Coming Off

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, I am 37 and live in the UK, Ive just finished my 3 month course of Esmya for the 5 Fibroids I have.

Now I can tell you about all the side effects of which I suffered from the weight gain to the hot flushes, but its really the stage of finishing the course and wjhat happens next I would like advice if anyone has any??

It has now been 1 week and 5 days since i took my last tablet, and the first week I was ok but after that I have had very dull aches in the tops of my thighs and stabbing pains in my lower stomach, as you women will know when it gets to that time of the month majority of people have that stabbing pain which feels like it is going straight up the middle of your stomach, well this is just like it but more severe as to the point I double over, I was seen last night by the out of hours GP and he gave me some pain killers to manage the symptoms but thats all he could do, he had never heard of Esmya so couldnt advise me, just told me to contact my own GP who then would be able to get in touch with my consultant up at the hospital.

I just wondered has anyone else had this problem and was told it was a normal process as no-one has told me what happens after taking Esmya, only that my periods should start again within 4 weeks of stopping the medication?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

can anyone tell me how long after stopping the Esmya did your periods return?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.