Being tested for polymaylgia Rheumatica

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi there,

Ive had bloods done today too see if i have this disease in only 39 but i guess can be possible at any age...

my symptoms started 10 months ago my arms ached sooo much then i got hit with servere fatigue. also experienced bad headaches and jaw pain that lasted about 2 months. Now i have other symptoms that come and go such as back shoulder neck arm pelvic and hip pain ... sometimes its a burning sensation and then i ache its extremely painful my knees also ache at times.. i have become depressed because of this and my quality of life isnt the same as it once was ... i just came across this site as i have done alot of research about this disease ... although i have been diagnosed as yet ... anyone have these same symptoms ???? please help as i am going crazy

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Tanya,

Have you investigated why your Uric  acid is high? 

Just wondering how you are? Xx

• Posted

hi adette,

i went back too the doctor again today he said high uric acid can cause gout, which i dont have. all my other blood tests dont indicate anything of concern too him ive had almost every blood test you can have ct scans you name it. its very frustrating im having few more tests done tomorrow pancreas levels and a test i asked for CA125. its a test for cancer cells i googled alot driving me nuts lol .. my blood pressure is perfect chest clear heart rate bit high he said stress does this.

im praying that blood work shows something or perhaps it is stress thr mind is very powerful and its all connected im really not sure what too think or do ..

hope u are well

thanks for your reply x

• Posted

Oh Tanya, I'm so sorry you are no further forward. Bodies are a mystery sometimes.

i hope the test for cancer is negative though, I know when I had suffered for years and no physio or pain killers worked I thought I had cancer too, it makes you feel like that.

Have you tried Epsom salts in your bath and cumin on/in food as an anti inflammatory for a little relief, whilst they are investigating.

take care

Adette

• Posted

hi adette,

thanks again for your reply i had some more blood tests today see what they come back as ... me too i hope i dont have cancer but the way i feel i must say is shocking. i went too see another doctor he said long periods of stress have an effect on the body which is true . im not quite convinced its just stress though although it could be possible. i dont think doctors are taking me seriously and im determined too get too the bottom of it. one way or another thanks for the advice ill have a bath with epson salts cant hurt .

hope u are good and well

tanya xx

• Posted

also i am taking mobic capsules which seem too do absolutely nothing so stuffed if i know. x
    • Posted

If Mobic does not help it is quite possible you have PMR as NSAIDs tend to do little for the pain. If you have high Uric acid it is worth looking at your diet. An alkaline diet helps, fruit, nuts and veg. You will find lots of ideas with Dr Google. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.