Being told I'm worthless every other day while taking care of my newborn.

Posted , 11 users are following.

I just had a baby two weeks ago and my boyfriend is back to calling me worthless every other day. We were outside coming home from our newborns doctors appointment and I was stressed about money and he said something that made me cry, as we pull up to our place he's screaming at me calling me worthless, I'm a mistake, my existence is a mistake and our neighbor heard him yelling all this at me as I was collecting my son and all his things from the car, I was so embarrassed. My be barley helps with our newborn, I do everything including cooking, cleaning, making the bugs lunch for work, dinner all while being woken up every 2-3 hrs to feed and pump. Today he started punching the walls and throwing things around, got in my face calling me worthless and how he hates me. He then sent me a text saying I'm blocked from both his phones so don't bother to text him. Idk what to do anymore. I can't kick him out of my apartment because I'm not working yet. I'm afraid I'm going to go back into a deep depression simply because of him. I'm so nice to him and I keep most of my issues about him to myself because I don't want to be degraded. I feel so sad and alone and idk what to do.

Emis Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to the swearing. These are open forums so as per the T&Cs please do not use offensive language in posts otherwise they may be deleted.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi I guess from your spelling that you are in the USA?  Don't you get financial support when you have just given birth?   it is hard enough for you without having your dead beat of a bf kicking off at you and you shouldn't have to put up with this.  Do you have any family/friends you could stay with?   x

• Posted

The way you're being treated is disrespectful & completey unacceptable.

You & your baby deserve so much better. You have so much to deal with & you should not have to put up with that type of treatment on top of everything else. He obviously provides nothing positive to you or your babies lives & you should do everything you can to remove him from the situation. You don't need anyone like that. Just keep putting your baby & yourself first.

You can always come & talk to us x

• Posted

You know what you should leave him. No man is worth it if he tears you down. Forget the apartment. Pack up everything and take your kids and leave. Stay with family your parents anyone. He's for 1 not the best environment for your kids. Think about the way they will grow up with him when he's punching walls and hitting things. It's a wall now but don't wait till it's your face or your body. You're not worthless. You have a meaning to your kids. You mean something to them. You gave them a life. That's far from worthless. Don't nt be afraid that shadow of depression haunts us all. Find your own happiness.

• Posted

This does not only affect you but your newborn. Is there a half way house, we have a great one in our town, that takes ab used women and their children in and help them find a way to get set up in another situation. No fee. No rush to get you out of there, around the clock protection. Any family? It will not get better.
  • Posted

Hello Britney

If you feel at risk call the police and have Him removed. I do not know where you live in th World. All I know you need to consider any young ones you have, if you need to leave talk to the Police your children need a roof over their heads as do you.

Good Luck

BOB

• Posted

Hi Britney - as if having a baby is not testing enough, you have a person (I assume he's the father?) - an adult no less - who is not only degrading and humiliating you, he has taken to violence, punching walls etc. One day the wall not be enough and you will take it's place.  It is unfortunate that for many women surviving domestic violence, the matter of money is a big issue. The abusive man knows how to manipulate such issues in order to keep the woman under his control. 

You need to get out now. If family avenues are closed to you, you need to check out any shelters that can take you in. You might also want some sort of restraining order issued to protect yourself and your child from his rage. It will be hard at first, but it is better in the long term to have a safe and encouraging environment.

• Posted

Hi britney00893 I'm really sorry for what's happening to u guys and especially that the baby's are in the fight at time they could hear u guys fight  my only suggestion for u is that you have to call the police. Do u really love this man because u don't think he loves you I'm sorry if it sounds mean but I just have a feeling. I hope you feel better soon please take care of your children. Me I'm really young and I'm just barley going into high school and I already have depression and it really hurts yours isn't truly severe but I could feel the pain even if I haven't experienced what you've felt. Again take care and always remember Jesus is there for you he will find a way to help you but it will take time just be patient and you will be able to get through this ??

• Posted

I'm really sorry for my grammar 

• Posted

I'm real sorry you and your baby are having to deal with this at such an important time in your lives. Find a way to leave him, he's not in the right frame of mind to be a good father. I guarantee you his anger and negativity will be effecting the little babies emotional growth as well, not a doubt in my mind. All the best. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.