Being treated for uti but now have other symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I'm am a 25 year old female and I am currently being treated for uti with amoxicillin. I am on the 5th day of taking my antibiotics. In the last week and a half I have had awful symptoms such as dizziness, chills, hot flashes, hallucinations, hypersensitivity, panic, frequent urination and fatigue. Most of the symptoms have calmed down apart from still having dizziness, fatigue, slight panic, chills and hot flashes but what is concerning me now is that on my right side pelvic region I have have suddenly got a sharp pain that is so tender and sore to touch and feels swollen to touch compared to the left side. I don't think it is bladder pain as it is to the side of my bladder and feels like it has a lump but not a very hard lump. It is a Saturday and I am not sure whether to wait and see of the pain worsens or to go get it checked out or whether I should go to the out of hours gp. My gp has fobbed me off when I gave been suffering with severe symptoms so I don't want to go to come away no none the wiser. Has anyone had anything similar?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi innersmile,

Have you thought of phoning the NHS health line? They would advise.x

• Posted

Thanks aurorachaser I will give NHS direct a ring and see what they say
  • Posted

What did the NHS Health Line have to say?

How difficult is it to change GPs where you live? Him fobbing you off is ridiculous and potentially dangerous! Hallucinations?! That's frightening. There obviously something very wrong with all of the symptoms you're having. I'd be very inclined to seek emergency help.

Hugs and please update us!

• Posted

Hi TripletMommy the NHS helpline advised me to go to the out of hours clinic. I didn't go that day but went to work the following week and was so unwell I went to accident & emergency. They run lots of tests and said it was a urine infection that hadn't gone. They give me some more antibiotics and I started to feel even worse when I started taking them. I think the hallucinations and other symptoms were because of a bad reaction to the antibiotics. I have seen 5 different doctors now and none of them seem concerned and keep shoving antibiotics at me, so I've decided to use natural remedies until a culture comes back to specify what bacteria is there. However, most of the symptoms have subsided and I no longer have the pelvic pain which is good but I'm now struggling with anxiety from the whole ordeal. I'm going for a cervical smear and some other tests today so atleast they are starting an elimination process.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.