Belching ,lump in throat and feeling of fullness!

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi there

can anyone help me.

i suffer with anxiety and health anxiety.

i've had belching and stomach burning along with a globus sensation since the end of november 2018.

my back has discomfort time to time running down my vertibrae.

i now have bad sinuses and blocked ears.

the doctor has just started me on omeprozole 40mg .

i've had a stool sample for h pylori it come back clear.

i've also had a ultra sound of my gall bladder ,liver , panreas and kidneys.

all ok!

i had full bloods done today ,

i need to wait 3-5 days for results.

can anyone reccomend what i should do next.

its really getting me down!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there have you looked at your diet ? Eat healthy foods like fish chicken veg don't eat spicy food and no alcohol don't eat late at night and eat slowly chew your food well try to relax worry will make it all worse

• Posted

hi mark

I have health anxiety and anxiety as well I started having a lump in my throat and actually food feeling like its sticking in my throat the last 5 weeks along with excessive bleaching and stomach bloating plus nausea.

I ended having a barium swallow test done and they found nothing plus while I was in the test I felt as if the marshmallow I had to eat 4 times was stuck in my throat yet the man doing the test said nothing was stuck and it all went down 🤔

my advice would be see your doctor and ask to have a barium swallow test down it was really easy and over in half an hour.

• Posted

Thanks for the replies.

i've only taken the omeprozole for two days and i'm already feeling an improvement in my throat.

The white sticky phlegm in my throat is easing.

I'm not having to clear it.

The discomfort in the throat that i was getting was less noticeable when i eat.

I felt it more when i have phlegm in my throat and when swallowing liquids.

I Still have a slight burning sensation below my breastbone and a lot of wind in my stomach.

Could the anxiety be causing this or vice versa?

p

• Posted

Hi yes anxiety could be giving you these symptoms I'm having heartburn and sore feeling in throat all the time been told it could be anxiety i think we need to lean to relax

• Posted

my anxiety makes me not been able to burp, sometimes i can other don't but i feel pretty relax now after two weeks and this does't leave could this be medical ?

• Posted

hi everyone

i had my blood results back , they all come back normal.

i went back to my GP and told him my belching and throat discomfort hasn't really improved yet after 7 days on omeprozole.

he thinks all my symptoms are stress and anxiety based.

i'm going to see an ENT doctor tomorrow of which i'm paying privately.

i'll keep you all posted.

• Posted

hi everyone

i went to see an ENT consultant on friday .

he examined me and done a nasal endoscopy of my throat .

he said there was nothing to report and all was well .

No fluid present in the ears or infections.

I explained that i have discomfort swallowing and fullness in the ears.

he said it should pass.

I informed him about my reflux issue and he told me there was no inflamation in my throat.

Maybe i just need to ride the storm!

• Posted

Hi Mark st least theses nothing bad going on could be down to stress try to relax a little now I hope your Symptoms get better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.