Belching with Hiccups, no GERD, no Helicobacter

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been experience significant increase of belching since beginning of the year. It happens on empty stomach and after food or non fizz drinks. I also started to have hiccups mostly connected with burping. I don't have any pains, stools seems normal(especially since I limited cofee amount). I am not more stressed as I was or stressed generally at all. I've been to several tests including:

Gastroscopy - only found some mild gastritis of duodenum, no Coeliac disease, no Helicobacter

Blood tests for pancreatic enzymes were ok

Stool sample, no blood or Helicobacter, no parasites , mycology negative, F Calprotectine (5.24 per g stool) and F-pancreatic elastasis(617.5 ug /g of stool)

USG - everything look ok

Got some digestive enzymes and pills for digestion not much of a success

Used probiotics for a while didn't notice a difference

Got my hearth checked including USG without problems.

Usual blood work ok except vitamin d levels and had high homocystine (around 26) but was able to lower it to 16 with Vitamin B.

Generally speaking i have normal weight around (25 BMI) , 29 years old sedentary life style but I tend to do sports, pescatarian diet(a lot of wholegrain, fruits, veggies, tofu, bit of fish, seeds, nuts), treating vitamin D deficiency since beginning of year.I eat normally , tried to eat more slowly to see if I just don't swallow much more air suddenly, without noticing different. I don't drink any fizzy drinks (mostly water, teas). Was drinking alcohol casually with friends mostly beer. I used to eat a ton at the evening mostly healthy stuff but I was definitely overdoing it. Right now I am taking vitamin D, B complex.

Doctors give me some general advice about changing diet and tried to attribute it to my sedentary lifestyle. It doesnt make sense to me given that I didnt suddenly change my diet or my lifestyle.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have exactly your symptoms and all tests have come back normal as well

From more invasive tests like endoscopies to less invasive like ekgs

Bloodwork normal, low on vitamin D

Ct scan normal

Ultra sound normal except for fatty liver

Had my gallbladder removed due to all the stress i was going through

Stools are being examined for pancreas elastase

Gastro thinks its ibs because i have wierd stools like narrow stools and sometime yellow

• Posted

My stools seems to be so far so . Maybe I should ask for CT scan also.

• Posted

There are some good over the counter remedies available after meals. consult your pharmacist.

• Posted

I was prescribed several things by a doctor didn't make much of difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.