belgium surgery services gastric band

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi im getting a gastric band fitted soon and was wondering has anyone had any experiences with them. so far ive found everything great.

thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i have a band but no experience of the co you mention - make sure their price includes aftercare for serveral yrs as you will need a series of small fills over time to get your band operational and this takes time and patience - some places may be the cheapest but their prices do not include aftercare and with all wgtloss surgery this is very important but never more so than with a band and the fills you will need - good luck
  • Posted

Hi

i am just about to confirm my surgery date in July with the Belgium clinic. When is your date. Be good to know what to expect and keep in touch. Thanks 

• Posted

Hi I had it done 4 years ago at the beginning I lost 7 stone but things started to go wrong .your hair becomes thin because lack of iron and stuff . Also my port turned which made it difficult and very expensive to get it topped up . I put a lot of weight back on but before this I'd be asleep in bed and I would have regurgitation creeping up to my mouth and vomit only a small amount but it was in controllable . I now can't have any top up . It's happening again the regurgitation as I sleep ,it's awful it wakes you up . I am going to my doctors to see if there's a bigger problem and see if I can get it moved , it cost 6000 with bipartisan to get it taken out and if I had 6000 I'd get it taken out tomorrow .

• Posted

HI LALA - I have to say that i have not heard of bandsters losing their hair as they do not have the malabsorption aspect which other types of wgt loss surgery have so for anyone reading this thread please note that hair loss is not the norm wih a band but possibly part of the bigger picture which needs looking into.  With regards to the reflux you are suffering from, have you tried eating earlier at night and not having anything to drink for say 5 hrs or so before you go to bed? Also you could try an extra pillow to prop you up bed in order to help with the reflux -   your GP might also be able to prescribe some meds to help with it  but if your port has flipped you really need to get it sorted and personally i would see if it can be fixed on the nhs if you cannot afford to have it done privately cos the reflux can lead to other health probs long term if you dont get it sorted -- if you are having reflux you def do not need any more fluid adding to your band - if anything you may need a defill or even a total defill in order to let things settle down but if your port is not accessible i do not know how you would go about this - hence the importance of getting it put right.  I am not familiary with how  much revision surgery costs but it might not cost as much to have this repaired as the initial surgery -  good luck with everything.
    • Posted

sorry that post should have been directed to SOPHIE

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.