bell's palsy

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi i have had bells palsy for nine months now when im tired or not feeling well the left side droops worse.(i have it on left side). the left side healed some but i still have a half smile and when i turn my head my left eye closes. even when i laugh how long could this last? nine months seem like for ever can anyone help?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi armymom,

There is not really a set time for bp recovery, however there are ways to help yourself. I have had a severe case of bp for three months now and it wasn't until the past two weeks that I started seeing improvements. This is what I have been doing :

1- I am not overworking myself anymore, and am trying as much as possible to stay away from stressful situations and keep myself among people and in places that bring positive vibes to me.

2- I am eating nutritious meals and taking the adequate vitamins.

3- I am massaging my bp affected area including the back of the head and the neck

And most importantly:

4- I am exercising

5- I started acupuncture with which I saw and felt a remarkable change.

If u don't gain anything with the above, U will not lose anything. I think it's worth the try!

Wish u a speedy recovery!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.