Bell's Palsy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, this is the second time I've had Bell's Palsy, the first was immediately after the birth of my twin daughters 4 years ago. This time though I knew for a few months that it was coming as I had migraines, numb and tingly face. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and knew that it was coming and if treatment can be given before the actual physical symptoms start? I had CT and MRI scans and blood tests done before but nobody thought it was bell's until my face started to drop.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I haven't heard of anyone experiencing it coming on.  Usually just wake up with a crooked face.

• Posted

Oh no! I hope you recover quickly. I can't imagine how crappy it would be to get it again. I had it last march 2017. I fully recovered, at least my facial movement, but around the beginning of October I started having other problems. I started getting horrible migraines and pains right above my right eye (bells side), twitching in the part between the corner of my eyebrow and nose(you could see it physically "jumping"wink, and the twitching kept on for weeks. After that I was good until this past week when it started again. This time though my head started hurting way worse than last time, my right eye hurts to move it to the left during the migraines and my face hurts to touch around my eye. Hopefully I'm not getting bells for the second time but I would swear I'm going to. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.