Bell's palsy after 4 mos - new symptoms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffered Bell's palsy in October and it has taken quite some time to recover. I'm at about 85-90% recovery on the BP side but has started experiencing swelling and pain in the cheek and below the eye. Has anyone else had these symptoms occur?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My BP side is more swollen than the other but I don't have any pain.  So, can you  frown, smile, wrinkle your brow?

• Posted

Hi

Yes- I can smile now and wrinkle my brow but can't yet frown symmetrically. I'm 4 months in and feel like progress has been in fits and starts.

I have been doing PT including indirect e-stem and dry needling.

The random swelling concerns me, but now sounds common.

• Posted

Hi Carrie, Yes Since the onset of my BP on Dec 30th, I started with swelling in the cheek, and sharp pain above the eyebrow, below the eye, on the upper lip, all over the back of my head on the right side; the pain is disappearing gradually, the swelling is nearly gone, but I am far from recovery as the muscle paralysis is still all over my face on the right.

So happy for your recovery! It's very encouraging to hear that you recovered at nearly 89%, and hope that very soon your pain will vanish completely as well. 💕

• Posted

Hi carrie84,

I was diagnosed with BP too, last january 30, its been a month since onset , and hve seen a very tiny improvement. , I can see some muscles on my cheeks moving and can barely make a movement on my lips, but atleast i can feel it moving.

I hve that same pain on the 2nd week after onset. It lstes for about a week.. and since then I havnt had the pain again. I never took any painkiller or anything for my BP, since i am 33 weeks pregnant.

Im happy for your recovery, i hope to see the same recovery as you do, since im only a month from this journey.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.