Belly Button after Gallbladder removal

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed on 11.15.19, everything went well. I did get upset stomach but taking my Colesveleam for my IBS really helps! However around my belly button where they went in is still very sore & tender... It has now been over a month even my skin is sensitive! I did my follow up & even went back he said no sign of infection or hernia. Has anyone else had this, normal?, does it go away??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

im 2 weeks po and the belly button incision is the one taking the longest to feel normal again

• Posted

It is very normal. The they bellybutton takes the longest to heal. Because they pull your gallbladder out through it. If it is sore it will heal in time. Don't worry you will be fine. It takes a while for the holes they make during this surgery. Be patient and rest. The best way to heal is rest. Good Luck and God Bless you.

• Posted

i had mines out a yr ago and my belly button area is so sensitive and itchy

• Posted

Mine is the same, 4 months later & my Dr said it may be a dissolvable stitch still in there & can take 6 months to come right, I have found though swimming helps mine & I rub bio oil in it or try baby oil around the tummy button & scars, this helps also it might be what u eat, mine is too much gluten & carb it's sore if I have high fat & low carb better

hope this helps u

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.