Belly button bleeding and pain! Help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello,

for the third time in a year ive got blood and puss coming from my belly button... it started with a pressure last night and when i bent forward it would hurt a little... then tonight i put my finger in it and there was a large amount of blood on my fingure and a little puss.

this has happened twice this year... my doc sent me for a CT scan after the second time but didnt find anything..

what could this be? please help im freaking out!!!

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Ummmm is your button pierced?

If they didnt find anything then just keep it clean and dont stick your finger in it!

And see what happens after at least 5 days

• Posted

Hi timli2r

You probably have a fungal infection inside your bbutton. Your bb has to be kept clean and properly dried after bathing and showering. Fungus thrive in warm and wet environments. You need to get some anti-fungal cream (Canasten) and apply to a dry bb every time after bathing or showering for about a week until fungal infection is gone and keep your bb clean and dry thereafter..

• Posted

Ok Mary, if so then why wouldn't drs find an infection?

• Posted

Hi 2muchpain

Only if your doctor has taken a swab had it sent for testing.....

• Posted

Hi 2muchpain

Also, puss is a sure sign of infection....

• Posted

So much I what to say back but my device/connectivity is acting up...

• Posted

Hi 2muchpain

Also, puss is a sure sign of infection...

• Posted

have them take a sample of the puss and send it in for labs.

another girl had this same issue for a long while and it was staph. she was lucky they caught it because all doctors passed her off and it couldve spread to other organs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.