Belly button healing?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone out there who have had keyhole surgery for removal of gallbladder?

I’m just over a week since my surgery and my scars are healing well with no signs of infection. They glued all my incisions but the worse one is my belly button one. It’s very scaby and I just wondered how long it will take to heal? 

Thanks 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had key surgery to get my gallbladder removed and my belly button took 4 day to heal it just the other ones took a little while longer to heal x 
  • Posted

Hi Susan:

I believe that they used the suture to close inside of your belly button one and glue ouside.

Normally, it can take up to 4 weeks to complete heal inside; therefore, you still need to pay attention to the belly button site.  

• Posted

Hi my Belly Button has taken longer as I had large stones and I had staples in my stomach. I made sure I cleaned the area every day. With Anticeptic wipes and ensured that the umbilicus area tummy button was dry. I used my hair dryer lol on a low heat. Applied some savlon to the area and clean dressings. 

I’m still recovering after my operation it’s just over four weeks now. I still ensure the tummy button is clean and it’s a lot better now. 

By the way I think mine took a bit longer as my incisions ended up being bigger. But once the bruising went down. It’ improves quickly. Hope this helps. 

Kind regards Joanne 

• Posted

Hi...my belly button went red and sore after a week or so so I went to the doctors,she said it's common after keyhole as the belly button is always covered by clothes and warm and dark which is a great breeding ground for bacteria, I got canestan cream from doctor and it did the trick..

• Posted

Hi there

I had stitches that were taken out ten days later, my belly button insision still needed strips on and took another couple of weeks, that was over seven weeks ago and only now feel good. Very best wishes and take it easy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.