Belly Button Pain for 4 Days

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 30 year old male and was wondering if anyone has had any recurring belly button pain.

I was wondering if anyone has every experienced pain their belly button. It all started a 4 days ago when I completed my fall cleanup and spent most of the day raking and working very hard. I went to bed and woke up the next day and noticed it coming on. The pain is manageable but definitely makes me feel uncomfortable.

It comes and goes and actually seems to feel better if I stand up. I also noticed my belly button is dark pink inside now. Pressing on my abdomen reveals not sharp pain and otherwise I feel very healthy.

I will note I had a CBC blood test done last week on an unrelated issue which came up normal.

Thanks for the help!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Do you think you may have a hernia? A muscle pull?

• Posted

I don't believe so but maybe a muscle pull?

It doesn't feel like there is pain behind the belly button at all.

• Posted

I got constipation where hard stool is stuck around my belly button area. hernia is very hard to have believe it or not and that's what i thought i might have at first(doctor said no and told me it hurts cuz of hard stool stucking there ) . Are you having regular bowel movements? fatigure and stress could lead to constipation.

if its not constipation, there are a bunch of nerves and muscles (small intestines+pelvic floor) located near right behind your belly button. and how do you sleep btw since you wake up with pain (on your back or side)?

• Posted

If it was a hernia, there would be a swelling that you could see and touch.

• Posted

Hi sal6g

You may have a fungal infection. If you do not dry your BB area thoroughly fungus will breed inside your warm and damp BB where it will thrive and grow and cause slight pain and get sore. Buy some anti fungal cream from pharmacy and speak with the pharmacist about the problem. Shower or bath every day and thoroughly dry BB area inside and out and apply AFungal cream. Do this for a week or until pinky- redness soreness goes away. Remember after every shower/ bath dry BB area inside and out thoroughly thereafter....

• Posted

Sounds like a muscle strain from strenuous physical activity. Muscle strains can take anything up to eight weeks to heal. I pulled my shoulder from strenuous housework and it took exactly eight weeks to clear up. However, the timescale will depend on how badly the muscle was pulled. If the handle of the rake was pressing on your abdomen on your navel, maybe the dark pink colour is bruising? Try conventional painkillers or a heating pad and see what happens after a week. You have only had it for four days; don't worry.See your doctor if in any doubt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.