Belt of pain around waist

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone else experiencing the pain around waste and back like your constantly wearing a tight belt?  Havent heard anyone with this would love to hear anyone suffering with this same area. Blisters came on buttocks top area. Three blisters but a world of pain came week after all around stomach and lower back 16 months in pain has lessened slightly. Hope your well 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

The pain I have is around my ribs.  Yes, feels like a rope. I mostly feel it when laying down.
    • Posted

See laying on my back brings the best relief. Pants and undies off of course. Haha. Sorry family daddys naked again.  Hahaa
  • Posted

Hi Matt. Yes I have that sort of pain also. My usually starts on my right side and then encircles my waist and trunk. It feels like a ring of fire when bad.
    • Posted

Sounds just like mine.  Damn this s**t is wretched but determined to learn all there is to know about it so i can help yall.  Heres to hoping we all can feel notmal again
  • Posted

Matt, my shingles presented around my waist  and since it feels as if I’m wearing a belt made of barbwire  from the waist up to my chest. Also, can only manage to wear a bra for a couple hours at a time. I’m in my ninth year of this nightmare. Just saw my doctor today, switching to a new pain management protocol in an attempt to get some relief.  I sympathize and truly hope your pain is short-lived. 
    • Posted

O my god.  Nine years. !!!! Wtf. Has your pain lessened any. Time takes the edge off i hear. It did for my first bout with this hell was a ten in pain down to a one or two now. That was ten years ago. Im 38. Where didnyour blisters appear?  What havenu tried. My first time i really didnt do anything just kept trudging on took nothing for it and it alowly went almost all away. I praynunfind sum releif and keep me posted. Does eating bother u. I cant eat too much or drink too much at a time ornit aggri ates it. Wearing pants is no fun just adds to the pressure. I sincerely wish the best for u   My new attempt at a protocol right now is positive thinking. Sounds like hippy fluff but im desperate. My think Ng is if stress got us here so they say then destressing can maybe get us out. One week in and i do feel like a new man. Thoughbit hasnt helped the pain quite yet thise negative thoughts that come i just shoo them away. Enough is wnough. Cant continue to live my life in negativity. Im determined to feel like my old self again. Praying for u and will definitely keep all you fellow sufferers in on my journey. We need eachother to beat this im sure of it. Hope u all continue to tell your stories too. Has anything worked to take the edge off. On a scale of one to ten wheres your pain at now. Apparantly shingles means girdle. Though your the first poor person that is suffering with this same area.  I find releif only when lying on my back and taking any pressure off the stomach area. U could say i walk around my house naked alot. Haha. Hey i have an excuse just try n stop me. Sending courage
    • Posted

Matt, I was 58 years old when I was stricken, nearly 68 now. Cannot say the pain has decreased only able to cope better. I have tried everything and visited 27 different doctors. I have had acupuncture, used a tens machine, had a morphine pump for 9 mos,  opiates,  Gabapentin, meditation, lidocaine patches,  Fentanyl patches, lidocaine and Aspercreme, ice and every other distraction and protocol I have discovered. Just recently relocated to another state hoping for relief and seeing a new doctor. He recommended methadone. I also have my chest wired together from heart surgery which bothers me a great deal and have some serious back/neck and arthritis problems so I have those painful issues to contend with. Eating poses a problem for me as well and I’ve lost too much weight.  Depression is a problem with this condition so it’s important to try and stay active and positive although I prefer to be alone because takes a great deal of energy to be social,  further exacerbates the pain.  I have always been a very positive person so I have hope. Also, belong to a PHN forum out of the UK which has been informative because Europe is more open to trying new techniques to help sufferers.  Keep the faith everyone 🙏🏼 

• Posted

Matt, I forgot to mention that I did a purchase an adjustable bed because I’m only comfortable sleeping sitting up. I take rest periods throughout the day and when the pain hits that 10 level I use a big gel ice pack, take my pills and lay down. Can no longer tolerate noise re: music, crowds etc but do watch a great deal of television, or read.   I have had only two pain-free days since this nightmare began, sadly it rarely gets below a level 5 or 6. Still we cannot give up.
  • Posted

Shiela, please share with us what you’re doctor comes up with for pain management 
  • Posted

Matt, I had this same symptom for years. It felt like a wide belt cinched around my waist. Also the tops of my thighs started going numb a few years after the waist tightness. What I ended up having was a tumor in my upper spinal cord. It looked like a goose neck on a drain pipe. When your legs start going numb it will not be long before you will need a wheel chair. Get an upper MRI. My tumor was removed by Mayo Clinic. I am pretty much back to normal with a few spots of numbness that get better over time. The clinic said it had taken up to 10 years before any symptoms showed up.

Hope you find the problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.