Bend 6970%not good at 4 weeeks

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does any one think sitting in a spa at my daughters house will help my bend,I do noticed when I shower and run hot water on my tkr it seems to bend a little.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

YEs. Try to push it back and hold it for 30 seconds each time. Good luck.
  • Posted

As long as all of the wound is completely healed including all the scabs gone it won't hurt. Be sure and bend the knee and hold while you're in the tub

• Posted

Hi Feather, don't stress you're only 4wks post op remember it can take 12-18mths to be like normal... I found lying in bend and doing the bending exercises was all I needed to get a good bend.  At 6wks I was at 90% now at nearly 10mths and alot of issues along the way I'm at 110% which my surgeon is very happy with.

Don't panic or stress just do what you can and whatever you do don't over exercise like I did and caused alot of ongoing problems and caused a bursitis that I've now had for over 3mths very painful.  Your knee will let you know what to do and listen to it and remember after each exercise session and throughout the day to ice ice ice... can never ice enough and it does help.

• Posted

Four weeks is very early in the game.  You should have started PT in the 3-4 week timeframe.  My doc told me not to submerge the knee for 6 weeks, although I've heard differently from others.

A Therapy Pool is MOST EXCELLENT.  Once you get some instructions from your PT in or out of a pool, you can do them anywhere.

Do NOT compare your progress to that of anyone else.  The TKR "experience" is different for everyone.  Your doc and PT are the final judges of how well you're coming along.

Maybe some of this will help...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/the-tkr-experience-or-wish-i-had-another-kidney-stone--524499

• Posted

Totally agree with Chico .. every knee is different even if you have both replaced .. so listen to your own body and your surgeon/dr/pt smile

• Posted

I must have said it wrong, I have had pt sense week one.I'm just worried because 60 70 % bend is not mych.My Up date as of today staples are out which were in 4 weeks which that's what my doctor ordered. And doctor has a cpm machine coming to my house with in 3 days.That should help and 3 PTS a week.I'm very hopeful I will start to move my bend now..FYI NO SPA FOR SOME TIME DOC SAYS NO WAY..

• Posted

Mine said no submersion for 6 weeks.  Once you start really cranking on the leg, it will loosen up (even though it feels stiff) and you will see progress.  Gotta break down the scar tissue.  It will be what it will be, and take as long as it takes.  Just do the work...you'll be fine.

• Posted

I was lucky no staples, internal soluble stitching and then external stitching .. I never had rehad or pt .. only started seeing a pt at 6mths due to bursitis and overdoing exercises which caused it.  So please just do what you can and my pt says if it hurts to stop and do the exercise more safely as no exercise should hurt your knee .. okay you will feel it and need to ice afterwards but not to push more than what your knee is telling you.  You are still in such early days at 4wks though.
  • Posted

be careful....4 weeks is early in this journey....I am 3 mos post op and I still have a few issues with bending...if it doesn't feel right don't do it....good luck

• Posted

Wow just reading through this there is somewhat varying advice .. listen to your surgeon/dr/pt they know what is best for you smile  I see my surgeon on a regular basis doesn't really sound like anyone else here does...  I'm in Australia and not sure where everyone else is so maybe it's different or each surgeon is different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.