bend in penis, confused and anxious everyday about it.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So im 22 years old and, have not had many sexual encounters at all. But I have just noticed I have about a 10-15 degree downward bend in my penis. I am not sure if it has always been this way, because it is not significant enough to notice unless you really look at it, which i never have in my life until now. So basically I was searching my penis for hard plaques and I do feel some hardness on the underside but I am not sure if this a plaque or part of the normal anatomy of my penis. I have OCD, and anxiety which makes it worse. But basically should I just wait and see if the bend changes, or go to the doctor to see. I am honestly so stressed out right now I can barely live normally.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I doubt if you have had any serious injury. The bend you describe is, in my opinion, well within the normal range of variation. It is unlikely to change. What matters is whether your function is OK to give you and a potential partner satisfaction. Masturbation would not be impaired at all. With a partner, once you have erected and penetrated, their body will guide and straighten your penis so that neither of you are likely to notice anything amiss with this slight bend.

I doubt a doctor would say different, but by all means seek reassurance. However, they would not expect (and in your position I wouldn't want) to examine your erection!

Try to relax - it really isn't an issue.

• Posted

The bend I have right now isn’t the problem. It does not effect me in any way of sex. But I do have a fear of it bending over the years as I don’t know if I might have Peyronie’s. But I am confused because I have never injured my penis during sex at all. So I guess I have to wait and see if the bend changes.

I just wish I remembered what my penis was like before I payed attention to it , because it might just be a natural curve I’ve always had.

• Posted

Chances are it's your correct shape for you - not necessarily anything wrong.

• Posted

Hey John,  I will be 70 years young this year.  I offer this short version to see if other guys may have similar stories.   My problem started in Nov. 2016,  on a Sunday morning ... a noticeable bend downward how's that for OCD        LOL    I have had an extremely active sex life, after , and during 31 years of marriage, my second wife and I belonged to the Lifestyle up till 2000.  D******d prescribed Prozac , that pushed her over the edge and I have missed her for 17 years now, again OCD ......  I have not been sexually active for about 3 years now and I really wonder if that might have something to do with the condition.  It is now 90 degree bend  ,,,, stick your forefinger out and point from the second joint  at the floor.  There are long hard strands along the urethra on the under side .......  I recently ordered a 3MHz  (facial)  Ultrasound  vibrator from eBay and I will try the DMSO and Castor oil possibility ..... I've done enough research to realize that nothing the Medical profession has to offer is more than super scary and mostly ineffective.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.