Bendroflumethiazide 2.5 mgs works for my migraines

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I've had migraines all my life, for 30 years, every month sometimes 2 or 3. I started taking the above diuretic for border line BP and my migraines stopped. I take one every day and they prevent migraines for me, they won't stop a migraine in its tracks though. I tried stopping them once because my BP is ok but my migraines came back. May be worth speaking to your doctor about it.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Are there side effects with this medication?  I get migraines..some seem to be weather related.  I take Rizatriptan on the onset of a migraine.  If I wait too long the migraine takes over and I get really sick and with much head and eye pain.....a few times I have had to go to the ER.
    • Posted

Hi Wendy,

All meds have side effects but not everyone is affected. I have had no problems with these. Just check for drug interactions which could cause low potassium levels.

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.