Beneficial skin treatment

Posted , 11 users are following.

I've been using Trader Joe's Mineral Sunscreen Stick (looks like a tiny deodorant stick) and notice that the areas where I apply it my GA has been reduced.

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Really!??? This is good news! Where are your spots at? Mine are on backs of my legs and underarms. I have not had any luck with anything!! The only time they have gone 100% away was with my 2 pregnancies.
  • Posted

Hi, I also have granuloma annulare, I think the mineral in the sunscreen your using is zinc oxide, which is also in cuticura medicated talc which I'm using on GA at the moment, it really seems to be making a big difference by reducing spots an redness, I'm going to try calamine lotion as this has zinc oxide in too as talc tends to make a mess an hard to keep on skin, will update when I've tried it, hope this us useful to anyone suffering with GA 😂

• Posted

I started using the treatment my husband had for his rosecea ( because I have literally tried everything else) and it's fading the redness and starting to minimize the number of bumps and it's only been 2 weeks.

I'm am so over this condition and every doctor that says it will go away on its own, I've had it for 20 years and until now only pregnancy helped it fade. Hope you all find what works for you, I can tell you about the product in a PM if you are interested. Please keep all ideas coming😊

Kara

• Posted

Hi,

I have granuloma for 5 years and the dermatologist recommended steroid which I am afraid of.

I would like to try your approach.  Can I have the name of the drug(s) / cream?  Thank you.

Yun

• Posted

Hi Kara, 

I’ve recently been diagnosed with generalised Granuloma Annulare. Have had it for 8 months now. Have been reading lots of forums and noticed your trying something that is helping so wanted to message and ask for details. Any help would be appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.