Benefit cap help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good morning...I’m after some advice with regards to benefits and the cap....my wife gets ESA ( income related ) she lost her spa when failed pip assesment, we also get child tax and benefit for 3 children ages 14,12,5....we are benefit capped so housing benefit pay £65.44a month towards our rent.....due to a change in circumstance I been award pip ( standard daily) dates 23 April 18...having let housing benefit I recieved my new award though the post but nothing changed they will still pay £65.44 a month as cap is still active...my question is should the benefit cap have been removed ? Get confused with the cap as not sure what happens

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

PIP excludes you from the benefit cap and it should automatically be removed.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply...the letter is dated 31st July but I went down to the customer service desk with my pip award notice till the 2nd of August so just wondering if this he letter is just a auto generated one....will ring them Monday and see what they say 
    • Posted

DWP do contact your local council, maybe they haven't done that yet. As i said PIP will exclude you from the cap but you still can't claim more HB than you're entitled to. Take the award letter with you when you go but i'm sure i quick phone call to your local council will sort this out because like i said DWP do contact them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.