benefit change

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is Your Spouse Still entitled to widows benefit or has its named changed to something new 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Windows benefit has been replaced by Bereavement Allowance, Bereavement Support payment and widowed parents allowance. It totally depends on circumstances as to which one a person can claim. For EG the age of the widow, when the partner died and whether there's dependent children.

• Posted

Thanks Denise that eases my mind A bit just got bad news yesterday and worrying about how spouse will cope with loss of my pension
    • Posted

You're welcome. I'm so sorry to hear that Thomas sad I don't know if you know or whether you claim PIP already? but there's special rules for terminal illness,  that means if a diagnosis is less than 6 months (i'm really so sorry to talk about this) then you can claim Enhanced for both parts. To be able to claim this your GP/Consultant will need to fill in the DS1500 form. The claim will be fast tracked and usually takes a few days once the form has been sent to DWP.

• Posted

Hi Denise Already Receiving Enhanced for both about month ago after another assessment to be given it until 2020 Well until assessed again 2019 fat chance haha. You Have Replied to me before thanks Again Tom
    • Posted

Ah yes i remember now. To be honest, i help so many people on here i hardly ever remember everything about what people claim exactly. My memory isn't the greatest with names and get confused from one to the other. lol

Take care Tom!

• Posted

Hi Denise. Would it be better to tell P.I.P. about cancer returning and that my medicine has all been increased and that I am having  to start whole new regime off chemo. The only benefit to me would that they might change date of when I receive P.I.P  till ITS 2020 JUST NOW AND REVIEW IN 2019. Regards Tom
    • Posted

Hi,

There's no need to tell them because you can't have a higher award than you already have. Take care Tom.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.