Benefits

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi my names Julie.

I'm new to this site. Hope someone can give me some advice. After winning my appeal at tribunal and awarded enhanced rate for both daily living and mobilit. Stating I have severely limited ability to carry out activities of daily living scoring 13 points. Also severely limited ability to carry out mobility activities. So ring 12 points. Both for inappropriate fixed term. I applied for the blue badges. But now have to attend an assessment with adult social services. As mobility was given as I cannot plan and follow a journey. There is no descriptor on letters for moving around. Even though I can only manage very short distances at a time. Then need to stop and rest. I don't have a problem with this assessment. As I know my limits. Just wondered if it had happened to anyone else.

Thank you in advance for any help or information you can give me..

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello I'm surprised you hit mobility, I have ms and arthritis and spinal stenosis, cervical spondylosis and facet joint and I can't even get the lowest mobility rate so I've had to fight and I mean fight for a blue badge despite using crutches and having a wheelchair, I now have an electric scooter. I had to attend an assessment but with social services. I thought the only people who were getting the upper mobility rate were in a vegetative state, honestly because of the descriptors. It's appalling what they put you through now. I don't understand how you can get mobility and still have to go through an assessment. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi i was diagnosed with MS last year and have suffered short term memory loss, very poor balance fatigue and many more problems. I had 2 very bad relapses within 3 months. And due to start disease modifying the on 22nd of thus month. I only have use if one arm after an accident several years ago. So I do know all about having to fight for everything your entitled to. I was on enhanced daily living and low mobility. But once I informed them I had MS lost mobility and got standard rate daily living. So I fought tool and nail for the benefits I knew I was entitled to. So I've not had it easy. So I was shocked to be told I need an assessment before they decide about whether I'm entitled to blue badges.

You just keep fighting for what's rightfully yours. And I hope everything works out for you.

Thanks for your response.

• Posted

You shouldn't need to be assessed then, people who cannot operate a parking meter can get a blue badge. I don't think you've had it easy I just think this government expects people to just go away and top themselves, their so cruel. You'll be fine for the badge, but I'm surprised you have to go. They could have asked for s letter from the consultant or a copy of your DWP assessment. You must be in an area where there's an abundance of blue badge holders.

• Posted

Apparently if the moving around descriptor isn't mentioned. They will ask you to attend an assessment. To monitor your walking abilities. I've just been informed by someone a the clinic I attend. It is also down to the amount of claims which were found to be fraudulent. So thanks to those people genuine people will suffer if they can't prove their disabilities or abilities.

• Posted

Yes I know what you mean, my husband said thre was too many people buying a waking stick and claiming but if you have a recognised condition like MS Parkinson's etc it shouldn't be so hard. I will tell you this I had walking descriptor but she put I'd walked further than I had, she didn't acknowledge my pain and she lied on my assessment, when I met anotherlady with Ms not my county she mentioned her assessment because she couldn't believe I couldn't get mobility, she said the assessor lied and when she told me what theue was it was the same lie. So even if you are a Tory supporter who believes in these assessments you cannot ignore lies. I wish you well for your blue badge, council cuts are making it hard for them to give them out I've heard. Good luck with your ms journey. I know I come across a bit sharp on paper sorry

• Posted

My assessor lied. That's why I took it to tribunal. The judge, doctor and independent lady were lovely. Treated both my mum who can with me and myself with dignity and respect. Only asked me a handful of questions. And laughed when I got mixed up with things. After waiting 10 minutes after the hearing gave me their decision. Which was enhanced on both. But afterwards we noticed they had given me enhanced for not being able to plan and follow a journey. I don't mind you g to this other assrssment as I know I will be telling the truth. And if asked to walk will do what I can. Please if you haven't already. Put in an appeal and fight fir what's rightfully yours. And if you sound sharp. That us certainly ok with me. You've been robbed if what should have been yours without question. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. XxX

• Posted

Thank you, I am not a sharp person but I'm probably on the autistic spectrum. It's too late for me to appeal but I'm going to reapply I think. I buy all my own stuff and have no other income. You should have got mobility. I think they give you one small thing to make you think I don't want to lose it. I'll trust you with this information, I was told by a very close friend that they cut and paste stuff, I bet your lie or lies were the same. Thank you again. Let me know when you get your badge. 💙

• Posted

Oh I do know they are up to no good. But how they can do this no needy people I have no idea. I couldn't live with myself if I did this to someone.

My mum works in the mental health sector. And warned me some of these assessors are nasty pieces if work. Please do reapply. And fight for what you are entitled to. Dud you know you can apply for exemption card for medication if you pay for it. If you have a long term illnesd. My GP filled out the form so I no longer have that money to worry about paying now. Not sure if you pay. But worth knowing if you do. You take care. And if you need a chat. Contact me any time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.