Benefits

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all I'm currently on Esa with disability premium and standard daily care pip and standard mobility, I also get housing benefit, in a single person!!!

My question is !!!! I want to bring my fiancée over to uk from philippeans but would I lose any benefit because imwe will be a couple, but !!!!! She will not be able to claim public funds or work for five years once we're married can dime one please advise me of possible outcome thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris,

You would lose that Severe Disability Premium of £62 ish per week because you will no longer be living alone. You won't be able to claim as a couple either, so you'll have to keep her out of your benefit money.

This is a very complicated sitution and i would advice you to visit your local CAB who will be able to advice you correctly.

• Posted

Hi Denise thanks for reply, I get disability premium for being single, if it was a uk girl from uk my disability premium would change to care allowance , so why should I be victimised
    • Posted

You're not being victimised but unfortunately there's laws, especially when it comes to benefits. Please do give CAB a ring because your Council tax will be affected too, as will will no longer recieve the single person discount.

• Posted

How long are you planning on bringing your finacee here for? Are you thinking permanent or temporary?
    • Posted

On s 6 month fiancée visa , and if we marry then apply for a spouse visa indefinitely, she can not claim anything for five yesrs

• Posted

At first for 6 months then if we are compatible on a 24/7 regime then possibly get married with in that 6 month oeriod

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.