Benefits even more stressed

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I post a few days ago about severe disability premium I got a call of benefits who were looking at it even surprised I got call but they said after a check that it came back as someone claims benefits at my address other than me so I had to send tenancy agreement through job centre to prove I live on my own with letter from housing also but I changed my address from my dad's few weeks ago only because I was advised to by council but due to needing constant care I still stayed the odd night at my dad's the rest at mine with different family members who take turns looking after me they are non resident carers and have there own homes but tenancy says the date I moved in which was 1 year ago which they understood but will my severe disability premium be back dated to tenancy start date or when I changed my address

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

What i don't understand is the part where you said "someone else is claiming benefits at your address" Who else claims benefit at your address? I thought you said you lived alone, other than your family staying to care for you?

Your family being classed as a non resident carer, may i ask how many bedrooms you have?

Why did you only change your address a few weeks ago, when you say you moved in when your tenancy agreement started 1 year ago?

• Posted

Must be an old tennant even housing didn't understand it but tenancy and letter sorted that out as at min I'm in 1 bedroom me and family member have single beds in room which is not ideal so I do stay at my dad's sometimes were I used to live so I just left it at that address as he and family deal with my paper work etc

• Posted

Forgot to say I have been told I can have to bedrooms so non dependant carers can stay so got to wait

• Posted

I see. I answer to your other question about when the SDP will start then you'll need to wait for DWP to make a decision. All these reasons are why SDP isn't automatically awarded. They assess you and then make a decision. There's very specific criteria to claiming SDP.

Hopefully you won't be waiting too long.

• Posted

Hi if I live alone with none resident carers staying am I still classed as living alone I'm on income related esa and enhanced pip daily care should I get sdp or if anyone could let me no if there are reasons I might be refused

• Posted

If anyone could let me no reasons why I would get refused would be grateful

• Posted

It will be down to a decision maker to decide this. There's nothing more you can do until you hear back from DWP with their decision. If successful you'll be paid what you're owed and the SDP will be added onto your ESA.

The criteria is very specific which is why it's not automatically paid.

• Posted

If you dnt mind me asking what do you mean by specific thank you so much for your help

• Posted

You'll need to look at a decision makers guide for this. It's far too complicated for me to explain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.