benefits for chronic migraines

Posted , 3 users are following.

does anyone know if you can apply for any benefits for severe migraines,i mean that bad you have to go to bed,also severe depression and anxiety

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Yes its called the Severe Migraine Allowance. Of course there isn't, go to a doctor if it's that bad.
    • Posted

i have been to the the doctor,am on 80mg proprananol 3 times a day,100mg sertraline,sumartripam,diaziapam,painkillers,i am housebound,suffer extreme pain and dizziness,nausea the list goes on
    • Posted

Well if the medication isn't working then you should go back to your doctor.
    • Posted

i am in and out of the doctors all the time getting my meds changed about and on waiting list to see neurologist
    • Posted

As Chris says you could try Personal Independence Payment.

Whether you will be successful or not depends on many factos,

Your age and how your condition affects your daily life now.

Wish you luck with this.

Sarah

• Posted

also one thing to bear in mind when applying for pip is your abbility to exagerate or simply make up diferent dissabilitys  or your ability to do certain things . and believe me being honest will result in you geting next to nothing  take me for example i applied for pip just befor i had my right leg amputated above the knee so you can imagine the problems i was having to warant the removal of the limb and i get the lower rate of mobility and nothing for the care component  and considdering i was unable to stand at all without the use of 2 crutches   and the amount of people i know who are driving around in there mobility cars  and are or seem to be perfectl fit to me is amazing.  i work full time and always have and i belive this go,s agaiyou also . if like me you are prepaired to push yourself and have a decent life regardless of your dissability you will get penalised  for it ,if on the other hand you are quite happy to sit on your ass all day feeling sorry for yourself and what you cant do  you will be richly rewarded  FACT
    • Posted

You do know you can still WORK and get PIP right?
  • Posted

yes i do work full time and have done all my life apart from 6 weeks  post accident and a further 4 weeks post amputation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.