Benefits of Cod Liver oil and your eyes ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is how desperate i am to get my oil making eyelid glands working better --- Have just had 10mls of" Extra strength Cod liver oil " .Yes , the liquid , not the capsules .

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I would be interested to know the results.  My son has this, 

• Posted

Hi Marlene , the girls had mentioned that they were taking the flaxseed so i thought i'd go the whole hog and take the liqid form hoping for quicker digestion and benefit .
  • Posted

I am for anything that works but I do not believe fish oil, flax seed oiletc improves the disease ...at leasr not in my c ase.
    • Posted

Hi Henry , as my diet is rather lacking in omega oils I thought that a daily dose of the stuff may help people like myself . If you don't give something a go , how do you know .Many articles support this and i'm willing to try anything to improve production of the oils necessary to lubricate my eyes . Also "immune deficiency " keeps cropping up in articles . Could my immune system be a bit lacking or poor in dealing with the infection . Who knows . I'll try topping it up with the cod liver oil . I'll give it a month .
  • Posted

Hi David - One doctor prescribex Flaseed and Omega 3 Fish Oil, helped for a few weeks. In the USA doctors say Bleph is a Qualiity of Life issue i.e. uncomfortable but not causing loss of sight. I find it worse in the summer and early fall (allergies) ? but whatever it is I wish it could be cured. LipiFlow is a bust, works for awhile and then  Bleph comes roaring back. Big trend here is to Tea Tree Oil. I am doing BlexpEx 11/28/14. I will advise the results.
    • Posted

Hi Henry , mine really kicks in at specific times . Over here we grow alot of Rapeseed for cooking oils and animal feeds and when that comes into flower my eyes dry right up AND the dank smell gives me mild headaches . The brightness of the summer can be a nuisance following the bleph kicking in in spring . The late autumn and the central heating coming on in the house is a bad time . The air becomes less humid AND the heating of course circulates any particles of dust and whatever . Although i've a special filter in my vacuum cleaner , I'm sure the " exhausted air " from it is adding to the problem . Going for long walks helps me no end ( unless it's very bright ! ). Yes the lipi' treatment people themselves say that a 9 month period is average for it coming back . At $800. per eye , that's not a bad business ! I must say 9 months of total freedom would be nice though !
  • Posted

Hi David-I would have been thrilled if Li[iFlow lasted 8-9 months , my treatment lasted 4 weeks. BlephEx nex t week 11/28, hope it workds
    • Posted

4 weeks only !!!!!!!. I certainly wouldn't entertain that course of treatment then !

What daily routine are you doing at present ?

Will be interesting to here about your results from BlephEx .

Oh , and good luck !

• Posted

Presently - Wet Ones, Tea Tree Oil and intense cleansing in the shower. Some days real good, other days real bad. There are a lot of doctors now thinking the problem is Demodex
    • Posted

So are you not using the heated eyebag followed by the " massage" of the gland area to express the problem oils out to be wiped away ?

Yesterday , early evening , after a dry eye day , I had 10mins with the eye bag and even without completing the procedure with the massage I felt so much better and it lasted for nearly 3 hrs !

If you've seen my other comments then you'll know that i'm a true believer in heat to make the oils more viscous and to make them flow out onto the lashes so that they can be cleansed away with a wipe of some description . Also you'll have noticed that I'm looking towards submersion of the face ( eyes closed ) in pre boiled kettle  water , a more effective method of the "massage " by using a pencil eraser , a wiping procedure and then a repeat of it all .

Supplementing the diet where necessary to aid the immune sysyem and i may even go as far as to wear swimming goggles when hoovering !  lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.