Benefits with PVR

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi wondering whether anyone has been able to get PIP benefits for having PVR?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Anne,

Ha ha, have you seen "I, Daniel Blake"?sad

I doubt it, unless you are severely incapacitated by your condition.

There is a self assessment test that you can try online to see if you get enough points but, as the last line of the introductory page to it says "Good luck" I think that is what would be needed.

• Posted

The words you need to search for are my benefits and work (all one word) dot co dot uk.

Sorry for the weird way of communicating this information but it's the only way round some very strange glitches here.biggrin

• Posted

Hello Angela,

I see you haven't lost your sense of humour despite the weather.  Trust you keep well.  Bit better here today but quite variable.  Still on reduced dosage of Ruxolitinib but am under no illusions that it may go up again as it was reduced to assist with my immune system coping with other problems.  Feel OK thankfully and may it long continue.  Stay well.

Peter.

• Posted

Good to hear that you still have your head above water. Almost literally, yesterday.

I an enjoying watching the traffic tailbacks relating to the Chatsworth garden festival.

Glad it's not me.

Keep smiling.

• Posted

I know what you mean.  We have the Glastonbury one to contend with in these parts.  Not sure if it is held each year but the roads are cluttered in every direction with the A303 jam-packed all the way past Stonehenge.  The weather makes no difference it is always solid.  Enough to send anyone into orbit, without the "music".  Good time to stay at home in the garden.  Wish you well.  Does the traffic pass your home?  You seem happy enough.  

• Posted

Glastonbury!

Whoa, now that really is busy. This is the first ever Chatsworth flower show (trying to rival Chelsea) and I have only had reports by word of mouth.

Hubby walked into Bakewell, about two miles from Chatsworth, and said that the queues were building up nicely at about ten, Then I heard from someone who was stuck in gridlocked traffic in Chesterfield, about twelve miles away, at eleven thirty, And finally the same person got away at five thirty swearing that she would never go near the place again.

And it was mega bucks to get in, to park, to have something to eat and maybe to think about buying a plant.

Still, any crowd is my idea of hell on earth so I think they only have themselves to blame.cheesygrin

• Posted

Hi Angela,

I have visited your area several times over the years and know a little of your geography.  Very lovely area.  With your description of the crowds and traffic problem I think I might have bent the Chesterfield spire too.  Chatsworth is a good place to visit - always something going on there it seems.  Ever been pricey to my knowledge.  I entirely agree with your last comments.  How true.

Reminds me of visits to the hospital waiting rooms.  I can but admire the way they get through things though.  Very rarely kept waiting and if so, always an apology.  How are you progressing with your ailment Angela, all under control?  Good wishes.

Peter.

• Posted

I just ignore it Peter, I just ignore it. 

I have bad tinnitus (hubby says I have always been deaf!), a sore toe (gout?),  a pain in my stomach (spleen?) after a meal and I have had to give up picking fights with muggers because of the bruises from the aspirin. But I just get on with stuff and try to ignore it all.

Much worse things happening to people around the world than a few aches and pains. Much worse. 

Have you voted????????!!!!!!!!! A waste of time really here because our incumbent has a huge majority and my little drop in the ocean of political sewage isn't going to change anything. Still, I went and did my democratic duty, griited teeth notwithstanding.

• Posted

That's a very stoical outlook.  Can nothing be done for your symptoms Angela ?   Gout is very treatable.  I know from personal experience.  The pain in your stomach should be investigated - it can be serious but is treatable too.  Ignoring things will not make them go away as you will know.  As for muggers, you did not say what happened to them.  Sure, bad things happen everywhere, they will never cease to occur.   Show them what you are made of !!

Voting ?  Not my favourite subject Angela but I can't disagree with your outlook.  My daughter paid us a visit today, insisted we should do the honours.  Done and dusted.  Quite painless but I don't believe a word.....

Relax and be vigilant, you never know who is about.

Peter

• Posted

The fact is, I'm not really that interested in my illness. I was slightly curious about it at first but having asked the consultants a couple of questions about it and receiving their answers that they really didn't have much of a clue about why it exists or picks a certain person I decided to concentrate on things that provided me with pleasure instead.

Besides, the busy consultants had a roomful of people to see all of whom looked like they were more in need of the valuable time and concern and so on than I was.

I joined this forum for a quick peek to see how many other people there were. That was all really.

I don't "do" ill. It bores me.

I only once confronted a person that I thought was going to mug me. I screamed loud enough to wake the devil and kicked him on the shin and ran away. He didn't follow. I suppose I had the advantage of the element of surprise.cheesygrin

• Posted

A question of mind over matter I perceive.  Great if you can live it.  Certainly it is only recently that any real information has come to light about PV etc.  I remember  the occasion when visiting the consultant when I was told that the gene causing the ailment had been isolated and would undoubtedy bring benefits in due course.  But that didn't happen for some time.  Initially no-one really had much idea of what PV represented.  Things have moved on now I am happy to say, but PV does affect people differently and each individual will find their way forward.  Good luck.

Peter.

• Posted

Yes, we are all different. It would be a terrible world if we were all the same, wouldn't it? biggrin

And good luck to you too.biggrin

• Posted

Hello Anne,

I think this might be a new interest on this site as I cannot recall it ever having arisen before.  I know you need to be between 16 and 64 years to be considered for any benefits or for carers allowances for PIP.  There is a government web-site that explains it all and one can also visit Age Concern and similar organisations for help.

You may be lucky that someone on this forum has the experience you seek but it seems a very personal type of enquiry.  I would think the government PIP site would be your best bet to find the details you look for.  

• Posted

Thanks Peter,  I have applied for PIP and have had my face to face interview but wanted to know whether anyone else has received PIP just in case I am refused so that I can put an appeal in. 

Here's hoping someone has been successful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.