Benepali

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, just after some info, I have just been informed that I've been prescribed Benepali, anyone with experience of this drug ?, thanks for any feedback.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Martin, I started Benepali about 6 months ago after trying the usual Methotrexate and a cooler of others. The side effects outweighed the benefits.

I inject once a week and have found the side effects a lot better. I can now walk without a stick. I still have pain, but not as bad, plus the inflammation and swelling has improved. Don't get me wrong, I still have flare ups and bad days, but much improved.

I also have a steroid injection every few months, which also helps.

I hope it helps you, good Luck.

• Posted

Sorry that was meant to say a couple of other meds.
    • Posted

Thanks, I couldn't tolerate Methotrexate, have been on sulfasalazine for years, but the last year or so inflammation has been rising, so they are starting me on benepali hopefully I won't have to many side effects.

• Posted

I couldn't tolerate Sulfazalazine or the Methotrexate. I hope the Benepali helps.

• Posted

Hi Martin,

I was given Benepali September last year after being unresponsive to methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine. At the time, without steroids i was in a wheelchair with such pain and inflammation in my knees and feet and some other joints too. I could barely get out of bed and make it to the bathroom.

I inject Benepali once a week. I noticed improvement after just a few days, which has continued to work. Now my rheumy has said I'm in remission! I have no pain at all and have started to exercise again as I have been immobile for so long I lost muscle mass in my legs. I am a police officer and have a young daughter so this drug has given me my life back. I think it's amazing.

The only side effect I get with it is redness and itching at the injection site for a couple of days.

I wish you luck with it too and hope it continues to work for all of us.

S 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.