Benepali

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, started on Benepali about four month's ago it reduced inflammation right down CRP was 28 before Benepali, blood tests after showed it had come down to 1.5 since I started it, but latest blood test two weeks ago shows its up to 14, I did have a bad cold/cough when blood test taken so that my have effected the test and raised CRP, any views on coughs and colds affecting blood test results? thanks.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Chest infections can lead to raised CRP levels - and a single raised value shouldn't be taken as gospel, especially if you have a cold. It should be repeated once the infection has cleared.

• Posted

Hi Martin, I was advised that if I had a cold or if I was ill not to give myself the Benepali that week and start again the following week when the cold had cleared. Not sure what you were advised to do. 
    • Posted

Hi Linda, I don't recollect been told to stop Benepali if I got cough cold unless it was persistent, thanks I may enquire about this issue.

• Posted

Hi Martin, when the nurse first gave me my first injection, that was the first thing he told me. If you have a virus or cold, just don't use the injection. Your body can't fight whatever you are ill with and tolerate the injection.  I had a virus recently and went to the Drs, I was given antibiotics, I wasn't sure what it was. The first thing the Dr said was stop injections until it clears or you feel a lot better. You probably need to get advice Martin, especially if you are still feeling under the weather. 

• Posted

Hi Martin, CRP is a non specific inflammatory marker meaning that it can be raised for anything causing inflammation including sore throats, coughs and colds. My husband's was 330 when he was in hospital with sepsis! Just watch what your next one is. I was told to withhold my Benepali if I had any cold / chest infection till resolved to enable the body to fight the infection. Best wishes . Carol x

• Posted

Hi Carol, I did know CRP was a general indication of inflammation, I'll check about stopping Benepali if I get chest infection etc, can't remember been specifically told to stop, I think the nurse said if it's just mild cough cold just carry on, the cough cold lasted a week or two now gone, I reckon that's what raised CRP from 1.5 to 14, 330 CRP that's some level, thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.