Benepali

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, just giving a thumbs up to Benepali it's working well for me, last blood test about a week ago showed CRP inflammation down to 0.7 and up to now with no side effects, anyone getting good results with Benepali?.

3 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

That's positive results Martin. So pleased Benepali is working for you.

• Posted

Thanks Linda, the previous blood test the one before the last I had had been 14 CRP but I had a bad cold cough, but I was thinking the Benepali had stopped working, then my last blood test 0.7 CRP, so it was the cough cold that had raised the CRP inflammation.
    • Posted

Glad it was the cold causing a set back and the Benepali is still working. It has helped me a lot, but still need a steroid injection every 3 months for the pain in my feet. Iv been given a course of Prednisone to take on holiday with me. Doing a long haul flight, so a bit anxious. It will be interesting to see the effects of them. 
  • Posted

Hi Martin, I'm not on Benpali but I am on Actemra and that is working so well for me that I'm off MTX (yay!). I was told that each different biologic targets a different part of the immune system and when they get a match with an individual's RA it works like turning a tap off. Great news for you and me that we have found our matches and long may it continue. Good luck for the future.

• Posted

Hi Mary, yes it's good when you get something that really works, especially good if you get no side effects, thanks I hope they keep working for you too.

• Posted

Excellent! Yes, it works for me although I'm on prednisolone as well, trying to reduce it slowly. It's so lovely being even relatively  'painfree,' it's wonderful. Carol.

• Posted

Hi, I still take sulfasalazine 2 grams a day Rheumatologist said it's best to continue with it along side Benepali, like you said it's good to have a lot less pain, and in my case and maybe yours that stiffness in a morning wrists hands etc.

• Posted

Hi Martin, I tried Sulphasalazine, unfortunately it didn't agree with my stomach. So had to stop it. 

• Posted

Hi Martin, like Linda, I couldn't tolerate Sulphasalazine, but in my case headaches the like of which I had never experienced. I suppose I'm a bit resigned to the fact I'm unlikely to be completely pain free but I can enjoy life and, most importantly for me, I look after my 2 small grandchildren. My biggest concern at the moment is any more infection that means I have to stop my Benepali and my symptoms flare up again. So glad it working for you and hope this gives some hope to others. Best wishes, Carol x

• Posted

Hi Carol, I had a bad cold and cough a few weeks ago I never stopped the Benepali but I thought at the time if I should report it to GP or rheumatology department but it cleared up after a week or two, I know you're supposed to report sore throats etc, I'm ok with sulfasalazine, I have other health issue IBS, and Tinnitus there's no drug injection or tablet for them but as they say what can't be cured must be endured, thanks Martin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.