Benepali and cough.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, I've mentioned this before, I started with a cough about 5 weeks ago, so after a week with this cough I missed out my Benepali injection for a 1 week and cough seemed to go, then I took my next injection and the next one, now the cough and cold back worse than before, so I reckon I'll have to leave the Benepali out until I'm sure for certain cough and cold have gone, I would imagine there's a over lag with the Benepali, it's still working for sometime after stopping injections, any thoughts, has anyone noticed this sort of thing, thanks.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Martin, is it worth seeing your Dr. To make sure you haven’t got an infection? Alternatively having a word with your Reaumatology department to get some advice. I always have a runny, plus inflamed  nose for a couple of days after my injection, happens every week, but no cough. Then it settles down.  
    • Posted

Hi Linda, I'll miss out my injection tomorrow and see if it starts to clear up a bit next week, but like you say I may have to go to see GP on the matter.

• Posted

I think that’s a good idea  Martin. I went to the GP a couple of weeks ago with throat and cough problems. It was viral, but the Dr told me to always get checked out. If you are on immune drugs, then you can’t fight viruses and infections very well.
    • Posted

Hi, yes Linda you don't want your immune system compromised when fighting viruses etc, I'll have to go and see GP next week, thanks.

• Posted

Hi Martin, i havrnt had benepali but I did start getting a cough with sputum after taking methotrexate and was later found to have bronchiectasis most likely due to the mtx.  I stopped it and have been considerably better and my lungs are clear now.
    • Posted

Hi Treezsh, yes best to stop medication, they are not good chest infections.
  • Posted

Hi Martin, I’ve had recurrent chest infections on Benepali but I also had to stop methotrexate due to lung fibrosis. I feel pretty gutted about that to be honest but hey, it is was it is. I find now it’s best (for me) to withhold my Benepali as soon as I suspect a chest infection and start antibiotics. I’m on a hiding to nothing trying to brave it out so I would get someone to listen to your chest sooner rather than later and get on treatment quickly if necessary.  I used to brush off bugs and germs so easily but no more unfortunately. Good luck. Carol
    • Posted

Hi Carol, in the future if I get any sort of cough or cold I'll be leaving off the Benepali until it's gone, you live and learn on these issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.