Benepali injections

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, just got a phone call from a nurse, saying she'll be coming on Monday to start me on Benepali, give me first injection and show me how to go on, anyone injecting do you find it easy, thanks for any replies.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Martin, I have been injecting Benepali for the last 6 months. I usually inject every Monday. It is pretty straightforward. i usually take it out of the fridge for at least 20 minutes beforehand and inject into my thigh, some do it into their stomachs, whichever you prefer. I have had a lot of improvement since using it. Good luck and I hope it helps.
  • Posted

Hi Martin,

I've been on Benepali since October. Today is injection day for me. the results have been amazing and I'm so grateful to have this on the NHS.

I rotate between thighs and stomach. I find stomach stings the least. I leave it out for 30-45 mins to make sure it's not cold.

To begin with it was hard to psych myself up to do it, especially as it does sting and it's not quick (takes about 30-45 seconds to empty out and you've got to hold it on they're for a bit), but now I do it no problem.I also get a little itchy at the injection site for a day or 2 afterwards, but that goes away.

I noticed the improvement within a few days even though they say it takes at least a couple of weeks. My rheumy now says I'm in remission! I'm now doing physio to get back to my old self.

Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Hi, thanks, sounds straight forward, hoping for good results.
  • Posted

I just started injecting myself in the stomach a couple of weeks ago.  I use methotrexate, but I think it must be the same concept.  The nurse gave me a training session.  I am using insulin syringes.  It is really easy and is less painful than a fingernail poke.
    • Posted

Hi, I tried methotrexate in tablet form, it had bad affects only had one dose so starting on Benepali infections I reckon I'll soon get used to it, thanks.

• Posted

Hi Martin. I have injected Methotrexate and different biologics for 8 years. I think it helped that I was a nurse for 38 years but it keeps you independent rather than having to wait about for someone to do the injection for you. It takes about 30 seconds to do it once you have had the training. Wishing you all the best for the future.
  • Posted

Hi Martin, I think we're all a bit anxious to begin with. At first I would be telling myself 'go on, go on' but it was like a little hand was pulling mine back! Daft? I don't know but it got easier and the pens are very easy to use. I inject into my tummy. You will be absolutely fine I've no doubt, spurred on by the relief you're (hopefully!) going to get. I've had to stop mine for a few weeks and I can't wait to inject again! Good luck. Let us know how you get on. Carol

• Posted

Hi Carol, It's just something new, I'll be ok, will let know how it goes and if it works, did you have monthly blood tests when you first started ? I get them every three months because I'm on Sulfasalazine.

• Posted

Hi Martin, I think I had blood tests fortnightly to begin with. I'm sure you will be absolutely fine. I had one episode when I had had surgery I had to inject heparin using a more traditional needle. You've never seen anything like it in your life. I was a complete wuss and I've just retired from nursing after 43 years! The pens are very easy. I really hope it works for you. Carol x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.