Benepali injections

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I've been using Benepali injections since last year and have always done in in my thigh. After reading on the forum that 1 lady always does it into her stomach and that it was less painful, I couldn't face doing it there, but today I gave it a try and couldn't believe how easy and painless it was than into your thigh. So thank you kind person, this has helped me so much. Can't believe I didn't try it before, instead of psyching myself up every week. I know everyone is different, but I hope it helps someone else. 😊

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda

I think it must be my post you saw, the first time I injected I used my thigh and almost

cried it was so painful so that's how I decided to try the tummy. Glad you are able to

?inject with less pain.

• Posted

Hi Chris, thank you so much. I have dreaded doing the injection every week. I used to use the Methotrexate injections too, they weren't as bad as The Benepali. Your advice to someone else made me brave enough to try it. I was bracing myself for the pain and I felt nothing!! Must be the extra flesh around my middle, lol. Seriously though, thanks again. Hope this help someone else out there suffering in silence. 😊

• Posted

Hi Linda, I've been injecting Cimzia every fortnight for some time and I was told to do it first  one thigh, then the other, then stomach one side then the other. I tried the thighs but they were so painful I just did it in my stomach. I've now been put on weekly Actemra injections so confessed about only using my stomach and my Rheumy just shrugged, she said I could use my arms if I wanted too but I don't think I'm game for that either.

• Posted

Hi Mary, I was told to use thighs or stomach, but alternative each week. I can't believe how painless injecting into the stomach is after using legs for the last 18 months. Yo are right, the legs are painful, used to psych myself up every week. I don't know why, but the thought of doing into by stomach was a no no, don't know why. Glad I tried it. Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.