Benifits

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi can any one help please I work ,40hrs a week I have a brain avm epilepsy chronic colitis and have just been diagnosed with sleep apnea I don't receive any benefits apart from free prescription is there any other help out there I don't want to stop working but my husband doesn't work he looks after the family keeps an eye to me whilst I sleep my epilepsy only happens whilst I'm sleeping but we are struggling with my illnesses at the minute

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm afraid because you work full time then the only benefit that you maybe able to claim would be PIP (personnal Independence payments) This isn't means tested and people claim this and work. If you google PIP descriptors then it will explain everything to you. Im unable to post links here, sorry. You will need evidence to support your claim and it can take a while, sometimes several months. It's not guaranteed but you'll never know if you don't at least try. All you need to do is ring the PIP help line to start a claim off and then they'll send you the PIP2 forms to fill in. Getting help with these forms from someone who knows what they're doing will help.

You say you don't want to stop working, is there any reason why your husband doesn't work instead of you? I don't know how you can work 40 hours with all that you have going on.

• Posted

Thanks I will look into this my current job earns a lot more than what my hubby can so he sort of the mam he actually doesn't sleep its like he's a night nurse lol I fit with my epilepsy and also stop breathing with the apnea some mornings I get up and its like being hit by a train I really wouldn't be able to have my job which I love if he worked

• Posted

That sounds very scary! please do take a look at what PIP is all about and if you need anymore advice please just ask, i'm sure either myself or someone else would gladly be able to help you! Good luck!

• Posted

Hi I agree  with Denise hear, go for PIP, you must be finding it very stressful trying to work feeling like you do.

Sue 

• Posted

You should put in for esa and pip hope this is some help l got pip for my dad who had the same sleep problem as you
    • Posted

Claiming for ESA for Betty wouldn't be possible because she works full time. She need to claim SSP first for a certain amount of week and then go onto to claim ESA. The benefit system isn't as straight forward as that, especially for someone who currently works full time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.