Benzodiazepine topic should never be quiet.

Posted , 4 users are following.

We should be screaming from the roof tops at the damage these kinds of drugs to to people, including myself. We should be screaming so loud that maybe, just maybe someone in Washington will hear us and do something about the Silent epidemic of Benzo Withdrawal. Especially 'Cold Turkey'.

Scream people, scream.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey sanderella, if you don't mind me asking,what benzo's have you been on and how much dose? and why all the screaming?? what's the matter?
  • Posted

I agree 100%, I got prescribed diazepam, got addicted then seeked street temazepam and diaz... 

I had no idea it only takes 2 weeks of regular use to become addicted, and when you have insomnia.. that seems like no time at all.

I was taking them unknowningly being addicted for 4 months, all the while all I was doing was feeding the withdrawal symptoms. 

And my god they were HORRIBLE. I was violent, aggressive, hyperemotional. I ached and felt like I had the flu. Couldn't eat or sleep (restless leg syndrome)..

Sending love and light to you sanderella, you're not alone. x

• Posted

Ah soo very true! Its a problem that is undertreated there is not a lot of facts on the withdrawl it can be so insanely severe, they can creep on n kick your butt. I find it very frustating there isnt a base for people who have been given benzos often not knowing how deep a pool you might be jumping into. You might want to die if you are coming off of opiates, oxys, morphine, h, methadone. But you wont (unless there is a compication). Coming off of benzos is something that you can die from. Its up there in the bad kick catagory of being an alcoholic and going into d.t's. So I believe there needs more information and facts out there for people that have conditions that call for the use of a medication from the benzo group. As well as out there for the average person to be informed as well.
    • Posted

Wow, I wasn't aware that the withdrawal alone could be fatal.. I'm so glad I'm not taking benzos anymore. 

I do have a prescription of Zimovane, which I am extremely apprehensive over taking and only do so if I am in desperate need of sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.