Benzos

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all been really struggling for the past 6-8 month ive been buying diazepam snd temazepam off the internet when i have them obviously i feel calm and fine n sleep great now ive ran out and feel awful im on 50 mg of sertraline and have been for a year at first it helped but now i just feel a mess

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hon you're going through withdrawals, I've been 5 months off valium and still going through withdrawals. it's called going cold turkey. it can be dangerous to cold turkey off benzos, I pray your going to be okay

• Posted

have you had withdrawrals before whats symtoms did u have xxx

• Posted

I have rapid heartbeat that comes and goes, headache, dizziness, tight muscles in back, neck and shoulders, can't bend over, different pains that come and go, stomach issues, frequent urination, among others. hoping it ends soon, I hope you feel better soon

• Posted

yes, some people have really bad withdrawals, it's called post acute withdrawal syndrome, it sucks, I hope it ends soon

• Posted

What has changed with the Sertaline? Is it possible to switch to another SSRI? That might help.

• Posted

just feel more anxious now my dictor wants to change me to citloplam but im very sceptical about changing meds xx

• Posted

Hi Claire.

I'm so sorry you're not feeling great. It can be a very anxious time when changing meds. Everyone reacts differently to meds & what suits one person will not suit the other person. I have been on 30 mgs Citalopram for more than 10 yrs, with no side effects, and I can only speak well of this medication. Personally for me, it calms the surface of the water which allows me to be better equipped to deal with any choppy waters underneath. I'm sending you a hug and strength. xx

• Posted

thank you very much lollipop im led wide awake cant relax flutters in my chest i keep checking my heart rate its fine its 69 resting heart rate but im still sat worrying im going to have a heart attack and die xx

• Posted

Hi Claire.

The effects of going cold turkey will knock you back like a tidal wave & it will feel like it's taking a forever amount of time, on this withdrawal train. From feeling calm & being able to sleep (which is so little to ask of life) to total angst & feeling like everything is totally out of wack, is indeed frightening. It's good you're checking your heart rate. Please take a little comfort that your resting rate is ok. I truely do understand how you're feeling. I hope that there's a someone special close by that can support you through these choppy angst times. If I had a Christmas wish, it would be that you could feel like your sweet self, (calm & being able to sleep) prior to this frightening time. I'm just a message away if there's anything I can do. Thinking of you & sending you a hug. xx

• Posted

hi lollipop thats so sweet what you said thank u very much i slept a little last night not as much as id like but beggers cant be choosers can they eh i feel a little more calm today x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.