Best appointment ever

Posted , 5 users are following.

I accidentally found a clinic in Reno and got in to see the doctor. He and his staff were wonderful! What a difference to be treated with care. He got fibro and couldn't find help from his fellow doctors so he researched and tried different approaches. I forgot how many years it took him but he manages his pain so well he opened this clinic. He looks great, says he feels good too, can you all imagine feeling good? Anyway he tells me he looked worse than me, and what they do there is make a program for each person, because fibro effects us all differently.

People from all over the country goes to this clinic. They take care of other health issues too. They use chiropractic, acupuncture, stimulation, etc. They are medical as well as natural doctors so he told me if I need medication I have to take it but it will allows be low dose and with few side affecks.

Can't wait to start my treatment. Right now my neck is killing me but I feel so relieved. Wish I could take you all there.

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I too am starting a pain clinic and can't wait to start my treatment iv tryed loads of meds but.my body really isn't agreeing with any I'm now on crutches as struggle to walk hope all goes well for u glad u found help smilehere's to feeling better x
  • Posted

Fantastic news xxx
    • Posted

I forgot, there's a little black dog that wanders around visiting patients and a beautiful, friendly cat. Of course there's a huge aquarium. Don't all doctors have pets? Ha ha.

• Posted

Well Done.....Keep us posted on how you get on ?

Have you had CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)?

Staying calm and positive will also help on a day to day basis.

Take care and sending you gentle hugs. wink

• Posted

Not yet, my next appt is the 23rd and they said I'd be there for an hour and half. I haven't been able to keep my head up for long so I couldn't post. I'll keep you all posted as best as I can.
    • Posted

All the best for 23rd.  Please keep us posted.

Take care and sending you gentle hugs....wink xx

• Posted

Hope your ok Linda.sending you big gentle hugs from me xxx
    • Posted

So far I've had three treatments and I can't believe that I feel better. The treatments consisted of brain exercises while on oxygen, (due to high altitude, it helps you heal faster) and wearing red tinted glasses. At the same time they put electrode pads on different parts of my legs and stimulate. Also they have me doing a cleanse, glutton free and dairy free to start. Then they will have me reintroduce different foods to see if any affect my condition. I'll tell you all about the other treatments as they happen. It seems so simple so far. I have to buy a machine for at home called a "rebuilder"). At least medicare will cover that. So, so far so good!
    • Posted

That's great news!

Wish you all the best and please do keep us posted with your progress.

Take care wink xx

• Posted

Celebrating with you that's good news. I hope it's all affordable smile so nice to hear you've got options. I swear around here the physical therapists just want to work on athletes. And there's not one saltwater pool around for folks with asthmatic reactions to chlorine. Don't mean to be crabby, just wishing I could float awhile free of painful gravity and mean judgments :0 Good luck with the treatments I hope they work for you.
    • Posted

They said they try to keep it affordable especially since some people travel to them from far away.

I know crabby, my neck has been so bad I lost my humor for a couple of days. I spent 5 hours of hell in the hospital with inconsiderate health care personnel. Now that I have been treated like a real person at the fibro clinic I don't put up with these idiots. Unfortunately I needed pain pills or I wouldn't have gone in or waited 5 fricken hours. I did scream a lot.

• Posted

Hi Creola; perhaps you can let us all know what treatments/medications this doctor treats you with, for as he, himself, is a sufferer too, he will know what we all need, and what has worked best for himself and his patients.....we are all hoping for an improvement in our care..................Bron
    • Posted

Absolutely, I just hope I'm not let down. I believe this is going to work. I'll pass on everything to you.
  • Posted

All the very best to you for your treatment at the clinic. Hope it works well for you and you get some much needed relief from fibro.and hope your cbt therapy goes well for you take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.