Best benzo to take with citalopram?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone

On 10mgs from 7.5 for two weeks now. I had a migraine for five days which has now gone, I took a potassium tablet last night and I think it helped.

Today tired, tinnitus, stiff neck, still a little muzzy headed and some anxiety worrying about it all. I had a blood test in June which was normal so I'm holding on to that and the fact that ENT found nothing.

I read some historical posts here and it seems headaches are quite common increasing citalopram and come and go for weeks so that has reassured me. If it is not any better next week thing of trying a benz o and wondered if anyone could recommend one with least side effects and one that is easy to come off.

Hope you are all doing ok.?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lina, 

I take Xanax and it works great cause it only lasts about 4-6 hrs. I m prescribed .50 and I break it in half. Yes the headaches freaked me out until I met the people on here. They all reassured me of them and everyone was right. The headaches have gone. I’m on 10mg for 7 months. 

Will😎

• Posted

Hi Will

Is that .25 once a day and do they give you any side effects? That's what scares me the most.

Thanks

• Posted

No side effects..other than drowsyness.
    • Posted

Hi Will

I've been looking it up but I don't think it's prescribed in the UK, correct me if I'm wrong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.