Best dose.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Started 10% reduction from 30 mg last week. I felt ok but my sleep  was disturbed straight away. Decided to take a 30 mg last night t see if I slept ok and it was a bit better, however, I was very agitated today....could this be possible?

BTW I am fine on 30 mg but I was hoping to tackle the lethargy and weight gain.

I would really appreciate people's opinion/advise.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lorraine

Sounds surprising to have sleep disturbance straight away, how many days at this drop ?? Do you think this is physical or psychological I wonder. Either way I would say that you seem to be very sensitive to the drop & also going up again to 30 (with the agitation).

I too am WD at a slow pace & haven't had an issue YET (never say never), remember the lower dose is more sedating 15 as opposed to 30 - so if anything, once you get settled on to 15 (without any anxiety from the wd I mean when I say settled) you should sleep better but slow taper us best.

Mirt messes up your system if you go up & down on the doses, so having the determination not to go up again is key, even tho' some folk have said they get slight wd at 10% drop - best to just remain at the dose until you settle. How long are you staying at each dose?

• Posted

I was aiming for a month each drop but was curious if the drop had upset my sleep so quickly. 
    • Posted

It is certainly possible for those kinds of effects to happen so quickly.  I second what Calmer said.  Don't go up and down.  Maybe from here you could do a 5% drop and then stick it out. 

I did have my sleep become restless when I did a cut, but taking magnesium glycinate at bedtime seems to have helped, along with stabilizing.  Mirt's a tough one to get off of when you are sensitive!  

• Posted

Thanks Betsy,  and yes Lorraine, I'm doing a 5% drop every 2 weeks or so, I have the liquid, but its poss to get the soluble Mirt - if you want help with working out the dosage let me know.

Betsy and others have said how helpful the Magnesiuym G is before bed, so this may well help you too, good advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.