Best Drinks For Acid Reflux?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm drinking a lot of water whilst I'm experiencing acid reflux but wanted to know what drinks you find soothe the throat and at least take away the horrible taste of acid in my mouth. 

I'm kind of getting sick of water. 

I've tried Chamomile tea which I find  pretty soothing. 

Thanks 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 

Alkaline water washes the pepsin and acid from you throat and oesophagus. Gorgle with alkaline water 1/2 hour after each meal, pH 8.2 or 8.3 for alkaline water. Chamomile tea is shothing but only the alkaline water reall helps.

• Posted

Rob - I've just posted that I've found water (PH 8.2) in my local 99p store (in the UK). 

Daniela - I've tried to message you but cannot send private messages. Please don't think I was ignoring you, I just couldn't reply!

• Posted

What's the name of the store? Is it just known as 99p store? Do you know of they are a national company?

Thanks 

Rob 

• Posted

Yep, just called 99p stores. I don't think we can put a link on here, so just Google 99p stores and their website lists their locations ( over 200 stores!)
    • Posted

Fantastic! I will take a look. Also had a look at those drop things on Amazon. Might order some
    • Posted

There are two stores about 2 miles away from me. Hopefully they will stock some. 
  • Posted

Drinking a lot of water is good. I love fresh coconut  water. I meant to try fresh watermelon juice. For the sore throat, the tabs of DGL licorice help but I found the effect very mild. As a previous post said, nothing soothes better than alkaline water. 
    • Posted

Thanks! Going to try the alkaline water to see if it makes a difference smile
  • Posted

Hi Rob,

I make Chamomile tea with alkaline water.  The tea is pretty boring so I add a touch of vanilla and then honey to sweeten it.  Now I actually enjoy the tea.

I have been gargling with baking soda in water instead of the alkaline water (very inexpensive and seems to work).

Susan

• Posted

Think I'm going to try the baking soda. Just had my dinner and the acidy taste is very strong. 
    • Posted

Do you just use fresh vanilla? As in the stuff you get in the cake making section of the supermarket? 
  • Posted

Yes, it is the small bottle of vanilla liquid in the baking section of the grocery store.
  • Posted

Fennel tea with small amount of honey is good as well and is supposed to help with digestion and is pleasant tasting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.