Best gym equipment Achilles rupture after 6 months?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been 6 months since I ruptured the tendon playing football. Just struggling as I'm not seeing improvement. People have told me about using cardio machines in the gym to help with the strength regain and recovery. But I don't know which is best which will have low impact and not cause reinjury to the tendon.

So from experience is the bike, cross trainer or rower machine better?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michael! Did u have a complete rupture? And did u have surgery? I had a complete rupture of both of my Achilles at the same time. Hopefully u have done physical therapy and u probably wore a boot also? It has been along process and slowly but surely I'm getting my strength back thanks to at home exercising and therapy. Hopefully this helps!

• Posted

Hi, yes was a complete rupture in just the one leg. Was meant to have surgery but it was cancelled last minute so was in the boot.

Good luck. 

Just don;t know what measures I can do to test to see if i'm getting stronger?

• Posted

Those machines will help with cardio but not strength, however, I would definitely incorporate them along with weights.  I did non weight bearing exercises for a long time. Squats, heel raises, balance on a bosu ball, and eventually jumps.
  • Posted

I was told if it was a complete rupture there was no other way to fix it than surgery at this point I would go back to your Dr or get a second opinion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.