BEST HRT FOR LOW SIDE EFFECTS?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies

I have been pondering taking the Livial ( TIbolone) I was precribed but have read some awful descriptions re side effects.  Does anyone recommend another HRT which is suitable for someone who has not had a Hysterectomy please?  My GP initially prescribed Fem 7 and luckily I read the leaflet and found it was not suitable for anyone who still has a womb!

Any advice, comments would be fantastic! xx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm on HRT patches cause the tablets made me ill. I've been on them 6 monthes and had no side effects and as really helped me x

• Posted

Hi Karen  thanks so much for replying.  You are giving me hope!  Do you mind me asking what the name of them is?

xxx

• Posted

Hi they are called Evorel Congo patches 25mg. Do glad I could help. They have been brilliant, like I said not one side effect and I always get side effects with medication do I was delighted xx
    • Posted

Evorel conti not Congo x
    • Posted

Wow!  That is so encouraging.  I am the type who can't even have normal tea cos the caffeine gives me panic attacks!  I will research that.  I am really grateful xx

• Posted

I took Livial very successfully - I found it really good and had no side effects whatsoever. However, when I moved to live in Canada I discovered that it is not available here so my new gyneacologist prescribed an alternative. I am 55 and still 'intact'!!!! So Livial is definitely suitable for some with a womb.

• Posted

Hi Shazanne  thank you so much.  At least a positive for the Livial is good to hear.  Do you take another type of HRT now?

xxx

• Posted

Yes - I take Prometrium and Estrace, which are two individual tablets. I made the transition pretty easily.
  • Posted

Im on Indivina 2mg/5mg one daily ,no side affects .im 69 yrs old . Im on this for 6 months then my lady GP will review HRT Im 2 months in ,no affect on me so far ,but like with any med it will take a while before affects take place ,hope it's for the good . 

• Posted

Hi Marlene  great to hear another positive story.  Hopefully as you say the effects will be beneficial.  I am sure they will be xx
  • Posted

Hi daisylady, do you mean the side effects stated on the patient leaflet your given with the tablets? If it is there's similar information on all the other HRT patient info

I've been taking tibolone for many months, I still have some symptoms but not as bad as they were a year ago when I thought I was losing my mind

I've tried several other HRTs but couldn't get past the side effects to give them a good try, I've stuck with the tibolone as I think with these the side effects are milder and my GP advised them as I suffer from migraine (although I still take the migraines)

You'll need to just try HRT and then decide what suits you, hopefully you'll find one cos I know what it's like to try and go on without help when your symptoms are severe

Best of luck xx

• Posted

Hi brendababy  thank you so much for replying.  I wasn't thinking about the information leaflet as I know that even if only 1 person had a problem they have to write it on there by law.

I think what made me consider the other types of HRT was because they come in patches and Tibolone does not.  I read that you are more likely to have side effects with tablets..

Great to hear it has worked for you.  Did you find the Tibolone worked quite quickly? xx

• Posted

Hi there

I started on the patches but they made me worse if anything. I suffered terribly with panic and anxiety. The best thing for me was using the gel and taking utrogestan tablets for 12 days of the month.

• Posted

Hi Michelle

Thanks for replying.  Sounds horrible...   I was about to go to GP on Thurs to ask for patches...  May I ask what gel you used?  Also did you have anxiety issues prior to the hrt?  If you don't want to say on here please feel free to message me.  

All the best xx

• Posted

I use oestriogel nightly. Yes I did have really bad anxiety before but it eased quite a bit after 2 to 3 months. I use 2 pumps of oestriogel x
    • Posted

Hi daisylady, I think it took a few weeks to kick in I'm not really sure because I had been on Estradot patch and progesterone tablets but I felt more dizzy taking them

I still have balance problems, migraine, painful joints and anxiety but seem more able to cope with it than I was when not taking any HRT. I think I need to get my hormone levels checked now to see if the tibolone is still working

Hope your managing and keep telling yourself it will all pass eventually

Xx

• Posted

Oh ok..  thanks Michelle.  am researching everything at the moment! xx
    • Posted

Hi brendababy

Balance problems are a nightmare, had them for years too.  I wonder if some of the medications you may take for that don't do well with HRT as well.  You would need to check with pharmacist or doc.  I would definitely get your levels checked if you are taking any HRT.  I have heard that Tibolone causes painful joints but like anything it could just be an age thing who knows?  It's all so bloomin confusing!  I am going to the pharmacy today to see what patches there are.  From my research the continuous combined ones are Evorel and Fem 7.  They both have different types of progesterone so I want to find out the difference.  Then I will be prepared for the GP on Thursday! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.