Best Korean eye cream for ocular rosacea?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone

I'm 57 and have recently been diagnosed with blepharitis after having 2 chalazions- one severely infected for which I took antibiotics, a stye and an ingrown eyelash.

I also have sebhorric dermatitis and rosacea- and was told the blepharitis could well be related to either/ both- but was given no proper guidance, treatment or advice.

I'm seeing a new( hopefully better) opthalmologist this week, as I suspect I do have ocular rosacea.

I have been doing the compresses , massage and lid washes- but quickly realised the heat and baby shampoo / eye wash preparations were severely irritating my eyes and the skin around my eyes.My eyes were not sore at all before using all the lid cleansing chemicals - now they are super sensitive to anything- even the QV moisturiser

So....... now I am wearing no make up, no moisturiser at all above the cheek bone- warm only compresses x2 a day 3 minutes only, gentle wash of top lids with dove sensitive soap, and bottom lids with organic cotton buds and warm water.

3 questions--

1. My eyelid skin top and bottom is so dry and wrinkly with no moisturiser- can anyone suggest what they use and how they use it so their sensitive eyes don't sting and get irritated????

2. For years I used Vaseline as an eye cream / eye makeup remover - I'm wondering if this clogged my glands causing the chalazions/ blepharitis. Any opinions?

3 Does anyone live in Sydney and know of a good opthalmologist who knows about treating blepharitis/ ocular rosacea?

Thanks so much for your help.??

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi StormFiber,

I feel really sorry for you, it sounds awful.

My son has recently had a stye and he used fresh Aloe. I've been cutting little bits off of my plant and he's been using it 3 or 4 times per day. It only lasted a couple of days and there were no side affects at all.

With regards to Rosacea; there's a company called Demodex, which I've bought soaps and creams from when I've had boughts of Rosacea. Well, actually I had it once when I was in my early 20's, had no idea what it was and it went on its own after about 4 years, it was a terrible experience. The 2nd time I had it was about 3 years ago, again I had no idea what it was, the doctor had no idea either. So I looked on the internet for skin problems and saw exactly what I had, thank goodness. The photos were from a site called Demodex, I contacted them and asked what they thought I needed, I ordered a soap and cream, used it for about 4 months in total. It sometimes seemed to be getting better and others not so good, but I think that was when I used too much cream, you really only need a tiny bit because it's quite strong.

When I stopped using it, after 4 months, it just disappeared, it was amazing!!!! It just went.

Then a couple of months ago I thought I could feel it coming back again, I contacted them again, got some soap and cream and it's completely gone, didn't even break out at all.

So just type in Demodex and you'll find it. Read the info, there's lots and very informative.

Good luck and best wishes,

Sharon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.