Best lubrication for menopause?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am at my wits end finding a good lubrication for intercourse. I tried coconut oil which was ok but didn't last long enough and was messy. The gels like K-Y jelly are so sticky. Tell me which brand and what type feels the most natural please smile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hope,

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but if you are into vaginal dryness..........go get some estrogen.  Your tissues aren't suffering from a coconut oil deficiency, or vitamin E, or some lube manufactured in a plant.  And this problem doesn't go away, it only gets worse.  Including shrinkage of the vaginal vault.  For some, the tissue can become so dry it will tear with intercourse.  It will effect not only your vaginal tissue, but your uretha as well.  I have heard of women who had even experienced pain with walking when they allowed the problem to continue.

Please talk with your gynocologist about this, and look up some of the problems.  Women shouldn't suffer with dryness when there are things that can heal the problem.  And by the way, when it starts it is something that you will always have to deal with.  Studies show that 50-60% of all women have this after menopause.  

• Posted

Hi. I have tried lots of estrogen but can't seem to get it figured out. I tried 100 prometrium with .50 estradiol. I've tried 2 sprays Evamist with testosterone. I've tried Estrace cream alone. I am currently on 100 prometrium and 1.5 Estradiol oral. Before that I was on 100 Prometrium and 2 mg Estradiol but I think it made me more dry. I think the 2 mg was too much for me because I started getting thyroid symptoms like a hoarse voice and freezing cold. That too can cause dryness. HA. I can't win. I am thinking though that either way I need the cream AND the oral pills. Not sure how much cream women use when on the oral. I suppose they use it until they aren't dry? On the other hand too if your testosterone is low you might be able to get wet but if you can't get aroused it won't. I swear menopause is the worst!

• Posted

Sorry about that Hope.  Obviously I didn't know you were doing estrogen.

I can tell you this, when I was doing a patch and a compounded progesterone capsule in olive oil, my hooha was super moist.  No pain or dryness in any way.  So maybe the delivery or dose is off for you.  

Keep trying girl cause it can get better. 

But yes, sometimes they recommend use of the vaginal cream along with a systemic estrogen.  

Sorry this is being such a pain (literally) for you.

• Posted

I've heard and read vitamin E, is great for vaginal atrophy. I use Glide lubricant. It wasn't drying but you just need to keep putting it on and it should be put on your significant others member to effectively work in not drying you out so fast. I put globs of it on his member to make sure it's nice n wet. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi HopeAgain, there is a product call SYLK you can buy this from the pharmacy it's water base and very lubricating I use this with my ex and find so so soothing are you in the UK.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.